Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Gmax Made Para Helmet on eBay

Hello everyone,

have a look there is a typical Gmax made Para helmet on eBay : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=4078
    Any comment? You may find the same type of PRYM 6 press snap form Gmax website : http://pacificcoast.net/~gmax/fjhelmet.htm
    The numeral "6" is the key point.
    Here is the Gmax made PRYM 6 press snap :
    Attached Files

And here is the original WWII PRYM 6 press snap that we already know :
    Attached Files

Comment

I hope this info is helpful. Please share your comments about the difference of the Gmax made para helmet & original one.

Warmest regards,

Joseph

Comment

Fake para helmet

Great Tip,
        Are there any other signs that identify this helmet as a fake?

Comment

Thanks Joseph.....now I see your point on the snaps........the numeral "6".

On the helmets, the top one is a clear Czech fake.

The second is Gmax as you mentioned. The Gmax helmet comes in liner size 59 and 61........these are not made to fool collectors.....though they are making them out of thicker steel, they do not fool many as original.

The Czech helmet (top one) is a different matter. Note the size 58 liner in a 71 shell......always a clear sign of trouble. A size 71 shell would have a liner band stamped for 71, and would be for liner sizes 59, 60 and 61. But, as is the norm on the Czech fakes, all the signs of "concern" are there; odd shape of the rear flange, aged liner and straps, bolts..bad paint. But, as is the norm, people are bidding on it......6 days to go and is at $1600....will probably reach $2500....... Wouldn't we all like to buy a real FJ camo for $2500???

Willi
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Para Helmet

Any comments on this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3200465039

Comment

seller

I don't know about the helmet but the seller is "formatore" with a different name. His descriptions are unmistakable. Formatore, a.k.a. militareardenne44 always has one of a kind and ultra rare helmets to sell. I am not making accusations but you can take your own conclusions. Even had two (2) M37 for sale last year. I have seen a lot of fake German helmets originating from northern Italy recently. One friend of mine received a totally redone FJ shell from Italy as payment for some hard to find items.

Comment

I think ccmax's insight tells alot about this helmet. But, even without that, there are plenty of "concerns" with that helmet. The photos make it tough to be absolute....but, enough to keep away from it. Looks to be an original shell.......don't like the straps or the absence of "the 60-year look"......lots of recent enhanced rust......lack of nice wear on the camo.......the wire is just too perfect and no patina.....same for the rust on the inside of the rim.......not sure on the liner, but really a moot point.

Compare that helmet to the clearly original one we discussed earlier......going for the price that originals bring.

Willi
                Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Here is the shell I mentioned above. This has already been posted on this forum but the image is good to compare to the other one coming from Italy. Note the closeness of the "beige" color and the similarity or the "rust" color. Under closer examination, the rust on my friend's shell turned out to be orange/brownish paint applied onto the "camo" paint!!!
                  Cesar.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X