FL Belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FL Belt

Here is an item I picked up recently. An early Luftwaffe belt/buckle combo. The buckle is an unmarked "crank catch" type. The belt is marked to a Sanitat Obergefreiter Hugo w/ the FPN L63775. The best part is that the # works out to Stab II u. 5-8 Kp. Fallsch. Jag. Rgt. 13
    Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Very interesting Andy! I love those early droop tail buckles. Probably made in '35 or '36. No date on the belt anywhere? Aluminum fittings make it early too.

FJR13 was part of the 5th FJD, formed in the winter of '43/'44 in France. A Sanitäts section was part of each Kompanie.

Thanks for sharing....

Willi
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Willi, thanks. No date, but the belt is marked LBA (S.) under the sewn area of the hook. This was a "guilty pleasure"..a Buy it Now on Ebay from someone who didn't know quite what he had

ref 5 FJD..wasn't this one of the units wiped out by the USA after the break out at Normandy?

Comment

Yes, both the 5th and 3rd FJDs were badly mauled during the breakout, and remnants trapped at Falaise. Few made it out to reform before the Ardennes.

WZ
            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Hey, Andy, you don't mind if I borrow that belt for a little while, do you?

Gerry

Comment

Gerry!!! Glad to finally see you here. Welcome. Feel free to drop by the house any time...I'll let you try it on

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X