Red Shines The Sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Shines The Sun

There are some books that make a man very happy.
    Red shines the sun : written by Eric Queen is one of them.

This is not only a great book, but a real monument - a statue for the former members of the Fallschirm Infanterie too.

What is in it: the whole history of this special unit, from the beginning - to becoming part of the Luftwaffe - their battles.
    As a Dutchman living in the area where these actions took place, I have an particular interest in the Fall Gelb / Operation Yellow part of the book.
    Although in the past years a lot is written about that action, this view - as seen by the former Fallschirm Infanterie is really new.

The book is very well bound, about A4 size, 240 pages.
    Hundreds of photos - most of them published for the first time, and what is so very important too: because of the good quality paper that is used for this book, the photos are as good as the wartime originals. Further on very clear and sharp photos of award documents, Wehrpasse and Soldbücher, Fallschirmschützenschein, the Fallschirmschützenabzeichen - all versions including the cloth ones, Helmets etc.

I thank Eric for sharing his knowledge with us.

Don't miss it.
    This book is a real one to have !!!!

Eric-Jan Bakker

Well said! Spoken from the heart. Knowing Eric Queen as I do, and knowing his deep passion and his respect for these men, I knew that Red Shines The Sun would be very good, especially with Roger Bender as the publisher. Mr Bender is that increasingly rare animal: a publisher who really cares about the books he produces and the people who buy them. But I was not prepared for the impact of seeing the finished project. In my opinion, this book is a future classic.

Prosper Keating

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X