Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 FJ helmets ET 71

Hello!

I found some pics of 2 FJ-helmets. They come from the commercial webside of a www.militariaweb.com seller with the nickname "Derafrikaheld". Here he is well known as a guy selling a lot of very good and modern fakes!

Please have a look on his new creations! Two ET 71 FJ-helmets.
    My opinion is, that this helmets are czech productions.

Is my opinion correct??????

1. FJ-helmet

2. FJ-helmet

Greetings from Germany

Gerd

Yes

The camo has been recently discussed on this forum and just sold on e-bay

Comment

Hallo Gerd,

Thanks for posting those sites. As Matt mentioned, the splinter camo one was recently on ebay. And, I have seen the medic's one offered also. But, perhaps these are not the exact same ones........rather someone could be making multiples of the same ones. The photos are invaluable in studying these Czech repros. The same features as usually encountered. They have corrected the foot (1) on the 1. It would appear that they are using water to age the helmet, liner, straps and bolts. Note the fresh rust on the rim and the nuts. And note the "mildew look" on the straps and liner. The second one appears to have a slightly different liner and pads. The pads seem more porus. It also appears, especially on the second one, that the base color of the helmet is too olive.

I have recently been informed by a very reliable source that a German dealer near Trier is having 500 liners and chinstraps made.....to add to Czech repro shells..in an effort to make these more convincing. They are supposed to be better than the usualy Czech repros. I was told that this dealer is moving these helmets through others at shows...in the same manner in which the Czech repros are sold.

These detailed photos are invaluable in studying these helmets. Once again, thanks Gerd.

Willi
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

That's a shame the fakes are getting so good. The leather does look really bad. I think that is always going to be a dead giveaway. Soaking leather in water and letting it dry over and over doesn't really create an aged effect as much as a stressed effect.

Having purchased a real para lid that had a ton of sweat in the liner you can really tell the difference.

I've also been noticing that the rust patterns on these fakes seem to be quite "unnatural" or at least uncharacteristic of the real helmets I've managed to examine.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X