Raleigh, NC Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raleigh, NC Show

The Raleigh Show is this weekend. I went yesterday and saw Perry and Skip from the Helmet/Headgear Forum; both had fine examples from their collections there. Many Forum members were there, most seemed more into renacting than collecting. Lots of serious renactors there with varied interests from the Civil War through WW II. Saw many WW II US paratroopers, Band of Brothers has had a strong impact in this area.

Willi, one friend of mine, who has been collecting Fj since the early 60's, set up a superb Fj and Luft. Field Division display. The Fj mannequin looked exactly like yours on p. 38 of the Kurtz book, and in fact, he had the book in front of the display open to that page.. The best jump helmet there was his, and it of course, wasn't for sale. My favorite part was his unissued black jump boots; dated 45!

Regards,
    John
    Esse Quam Videri

Hi John,
    Did you take any picture of the show? I think all of us are very interested in the FJ collection of your friend.
    Regards,
    Joseph

Comment

Well hopefully Robbie will be visting us on the forum from now on. He did have a nice FJ display, hopefully he will share some of it on the forum with us. The show was good with a good turn out. I enjoyed talking to John, I met two other collectors that vist this forum as well. I picked up a rare helmet Saturday morning during dealer set-up and nabed a nice tropical before I left too. If I'm not mistaken a nice named Luft tunic and visor to a German Cross in Gold winner walked in through the door Saturday too.
      Overall most of the helmets and uniforms there were not that good, as usual the very good stuff was nabed up Friday evening and Saturday morning during dealer set-up. Still, a deal or two was there to be had during the day.
      Overall it was good for me and enjoyed meeting my friends...

Comment

Hi Perry,

Congrats on the tropical, good to hear you got it! Fine helmet! Ed is a great guy. Yep. hope Robbie will contribute here, he has a lot to offer.
        Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Sounds like a great show! Is that Ed H. you are referring to John? John, get Robbie S. to contribute......it would be nice to have more talent on here.
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Hi Willi,

Yes, Ed H.. Fine fellow, ex para. Perry told Robbie about the Forum last year but he either forgot or wasn't interested. We "fired him up" yesterday and he should be around soon.

Here is my best find from the show. For me, quite a little treasure.

Best,
            John
            Attached Files
            Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Nice find John!
              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X