Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B&N L Para Badge, Maybe?

Hello Gentleman,

This is a forum that I have always thought of as one where only the hardcore Fallschimjager collectors hang out with an occational visit from us less knowledgable collectors in this particular area of focus. Like the Para divsions themselves, the pros in this forum seem to be a hard nose group, where frills do not cut it and knowledge is deep. I just thought it worth a mention, simply because that is always the feeling I get when I look in on this forum. Maybe that is why it has its own forum and is not included in one of the other award forums, but I do not wish to go their.

Well what I have here is a piece that I aquired back in the day. After becoming more familier with the award I have decided that this is most likely not an original piece.

The concern is primarily the hinge and pin assembly as well as the maker. While the badge is a nice heavy piece with good definition I am just not 100%. When evaluating the piece, disregard the slight blurr off to the left side, I just can not seem to get the digital camera skills down. The wreath is also somewhat darker in the pic than in the flesh.

Another interesting point is a fellow member, whom is an advanced LW collector also has a similier piece which is stamped G.H. Osang.

Any opinions would be welcome help.

Thank you,

JD
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Joseph D'Errico; 12-29-2002, 07:07 PM.
    What we do in life ehoes in eternity.

The Reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

The Hinge Assemby
      Attached Files

Comment

Hey, Joe...what's for dinner?

If you go into the "Search" Function and enter "B&NL para" you will get the following results. I think your answer may lie within these threads.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...der=descending
        Visit my Badge Collection: http://lbmilitaria.homestead.com/home.html

Comment

Hello Lorenzo,

Well, just back from the suggested reading. I guess that this piece is going on the next fishing trip. Just for the sake of follow up, well I really don't know where to start.

1. Wrong hinge, needle and catch.

2. Swaz is out of proportion as well as to high, as a result of the adler being attached incorrectly.

3. Tail cut out wrong.

4. Lack of detail, fletching for starters.

5. Maker mark wrong postion.

Hell, this is a real piece of poop. It is also my understanding that this same piece has appeared with various other maker marks. This looks like one of the repos that came out of Poland.

I felt that this was a repo, but by not knowing all their is to know about Para badges I just wanted to be 100%.

Thank you Lorenzo,

Now what is this about dinner? Chef jokes again or me being burnt on this piece. Maybe Brant Murphy from Third Reich Depot will take it back.

JD
          Last edited by Joseph D'Errico; 12-30-2002, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X