FJ Tunisian camo helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FJ Tunisian camo helmet

A friend of mine just got this helmet out of the woodwork. It came from a British WWII veteran who picked it up in Tunisia. Thought I would share it as it is very unique in both color and pattern. Many advanced FJ helmet collectors have suggested that tan camos with a heavy orange tint originate from North Africa. Here is proof of one......

Willi
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Where's the picture?

Comment

Hi Willi, any chance of shrinking this photo so we can get a better look?
      Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Here you go.

I took the liberty. Nice looking lid. Might have to get an FJ of my own, to round out the old helmet collection!
        Attached Files
        -Ralph Abercrombie

Comment

Thanks for your assistance Ralph. I had a feeling the photo would be too large (I just deleted it)...that is the trouble when you dowload a photo that was sent to you, and try to use it. As I am very computer illiterate, I do not know how to reformat a photo.....if that is the word for it....

Willi
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Cheers, Ralph!

Hi Willi, I see what you mean now about the camo being very orange in shade. Never seen one like it before. Nice wear to the rim. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Not to imply that every orange tinted camo is from North Africa, but this one is. Same goes for FJ helmets known to have come from El Alamein...they tend to have different shades of tan camo, unlike those normally found in Italy starting in 1943, which tend to have more of an ordnance sand tan color. Impossible to be absolute in this area, just nice to see one that is known to come from a particluar theater. Am curious about that eagle though.

Willi
              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X