X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FJ helmet your opinions please!

Hello from Germany!

First "Merry Christmas" to all of you!

I have some questions about a SD FJ-helmet. Please have a look to my photo-side (yes! bad picutures! ;-). Click onthe FJ-helmet sign on this side and you will find 4 helmet pictures!

FJ pictures

It´s a dark green coloured ET68 marked SD helmet, the spanner bolts are unopend a long time, alu-liner, the smell is ok......... My "problem" is the draw string! It has two colors, one side is very dark fieldgray, the other side is more dark green. Anybody see a string like this?

Thanks for your opinions in advance!

hello Gerry..

Welcome in this Forum.

My opinions is i don't like the interior of this helmet.I think you find in this Forum many good helmets and you can see orginal interiors of the Helmets.

Cheers and Happy Holidays.

Comment

Hi Gerry,

It is very tough to tell from the photos. But, I have several "concerns" from what I can see. I do not like those chin straps at all. If the straps have been messed with, then the bolts have been played with...it goes downhill from there. The inside looks very clean....like is has been apart and cleaned. Can't reall comment on the liner from the small photo. The paint and decal look ok from what I can tell.

Willi
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Hello, it´s me again!

There are some problems with my nickname OnkelGerry. Think I made a mistake (don´t know which) and now I can not send anything under this name.

OK, new name, but old fellow!!

Many thanks for your replys! Sorry for the pic´s, but via the "Yahoo way" there are no bigger ones possible.

When I find a better way, I will mail new ones!

Think, that Willi´s opinion is correct!
        It look like that some guy (longer ago and not of course not me) had cleaned this helmet. The color of the liner is a little darker, because of cleaning it with dubbin (or something like this). The liner stampings are still visible, of correct manner and position. The shell is stamped ET 68/ #1880).

The chin straps are a little bit movable in the bolts. Perhaps that´s the reason why there is no correct crossing place before the straps go "downhill".

But!!! You ever seen a double colored chinstrap (darkgreen/ dark blue-grey)? Is this perhaps a Bundeswehr (or other post war) article I´d never seen before?

Kind regards and all the best for 2003

Gerd

Comment

Hi Gerd,

Yes, the green chinstrap is a big "concern".......have only seen green colored leather chinstraps on '80s vintage GSG9 helmets. They usually had a lighter tan colored insides also.

Have a happy neues Jahr!

Willi
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X