Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DFS230 glider in color...

Hello all

I received a DVD yesterday that has a short piece of footage of a DFS230 glider, flying and landing, in color on it! Since I have never seen color footage of a DFS230 I thought it would be worth mentioning...The DVD contains a lot of private color footage from Germany between 33 and 45.

cheers
    Uwe

http://www.polarfilm.de/php/shop/ind...4&main=details

English?

Is there a english version of sorts for this at all.or its not needed,but would help a bit ,my german aint that good.

Comment

DFS230...etc....

Hi

Not sure if there is an English version, it would be interesting to see the whole film. It also shows the glider being equipped with rocket packs in the nose for shorter landing distances.
      Color material gets discovered now almost daily it seems, a lot of private material only shows up after the original camera man/woman has died...and they are dying fast now, unfortunately.
      On another DVD I have there is a 1939 film of a LW fighter unit. The footage is quite long and was shot in Kodak Chrome, the footage is true to color and looks like it was shot yesterday. Great to see how the colors of the planes, uniforms, etc...really looked.

cheers
      Uwe

PS: Once I manage my DVD software I will post sceen shots, it just does not work yet...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X