CEJ Books

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice FJ document: Nahkampfspange in silver!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice FJ document: Nahkampfspange in silver!

Dear all,

What about this one? Just discovered: a document for the Nahkampspange in Silver (!!) for the Fallschirm Oberj******228;ger TEWS of the II./ Fallschirm-regiment 17...

Could this be - also considering the late date of the award - dealing with the extremely rare Nahkampfspange der Luftwaffe?????

All reactions about document, signature and unit are most welcome!
    Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Coco
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Coco; 11-14-2005, 03:47 PM.
    Pls. have also a look at my web-site: www.hiscoll.com

sigpic

Very nice document Coco! I think it would be for the Heer Nahkampfspange. Some late war FJs were awarded them.

FJR17 was part of the 6th FJD. The 6th was formed in Sept of 1944, with FJR17 being formed in Nov of 1944.

As for the signatures, I quickly checked one reference. Generalleutnant Plocher was the division commander from Sept to Nov 1944. Generalmajor Langh******228;user was the commander from Nov 1944 to May 10, 1945......or so this reference states. So, the rank does not match. I can't make out tyhe signature. Does anyone else have some information?

The document is certainly an original, IMO.
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

I think I have one of his documents too. I'll have to look.

Comment

The FJ Document...

Dear Willi & Chris,

Thanks a lot for your comments! Actually, this document is part of a set: here is the other document: for the Erdkampfabzeichen that he received two days later.

Both belong to my friend 'Arnhem', who collects these in particular.

Is is possible that the man served in the Netherlands?

Thanks again!

Best regards,

Coco
        Attached Files
        Pls. have also a look at my web-site: www.hiscoll.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Zahn
          Very nice document Coco! I think it would be for the Heer Nahkampfspange. Some late war FJs were awarded them.

FJR17 was part of the 6th FJD. The 6th was formed in Sept of 1944, with FJR17 being formed in Nov of 1944.

As for the signatures, I quickly checked one reference. Generalleutnant Plocher was the division commander from Sept to Nov 1944. Generalmajor Langhäuser was the commander from Nov 1944 to May 10, 1945......or so this reference states. So, the rank does not match. I can't make out tyhe signature. Does anyone else have some information?

The document is certainly an original, IMO.
          According to Mike Miller's ABR site Plocher was divisional commander from 1.Oct. 44 until the war's end. Langhäuser is listed as commander of the 44th division.
          http://www.geocities.com/~orion47/WE...R_HERMANN.html

further, Plocher is listed as being awarded the oakleaves on 8.5.45 as commander of the 6 FJD.
          http://www.das-ritterkreuz.de/index_...chword=Plocher

does anyone have an example of the Plocher signature to compare?
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon orchard
            According to Mike Miller's ABR site Plocher was divisional commander from 1.Oct. 44 until the war's end. Langhäuser is listed as commander of the 44th division.
            http://www.geocities.com/~orion47/WEHRMACHT/LUFTWAFFE/Generalleutnant/PLOCHER_HERMANN.html

further, Plocher is listed as being awarded the oakleaves on 8.5.45 as commander of the 6 FJD.
            http://www.das-ritterkreuz.de/index_...chword=Plocher

does anyone have an example of the Plocher signature to compare?
            There was a period EK1 doc signed by Plocher for sale a while back. Signature is identical. Will add the picture later when I'm at home again.

Comment

Plocher

Yes that is Plochers signature. I have an award doc for a guy in FJR 18 with the same signature.

I will post it tonight.

Juerg
              Last edited by Jürg; 11-15-2005, 12:59 PM.
              Strength and Honour
              http://standwheretheyfought.jimdo.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Coco
                Dear Willi & Chris,

Thanks a lot for your comments! Actually, this document is part of a set: here is the other document: for the Erdkampfabzeichen that he received two days later.

Both belong to my friend 'Arnhem', who collects these in particular.

Is is possible that the man served in the Netherlands?

Thanks again!

Best regards,

Coco
                Hi ,
                seems to be Oberst Krahl's signature (regt commandeur of FJR 17 in last days of war...)

Herlé

Comment

Plocher signed UK

Here is the EK 1 award doc signed by Plocher.

Jürg
                  Attached Files
                  Strength and Honour
                  http://standwheretheyfought.jimdo.com/

Comment

I thought I had seen that name before. I have his jump badge document.

Comment

I'll see if I can get it to post here. I have never had much luck with getting photos posted, I guess that's part of life for a Luddite. I consider this a very unusual badge document, one of the oddest of the dozens in my collection. The format is very rare, and the fact that it was issued months after the last jump school closed is fascinating. I only have a couple this late.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Chris
                        I'll see if I can get it to post here. I have never had much luck with getting photos posted, I guess that's part of life for a Luddite. I consider this a very unusual badge document, one of the oddest of the dozens in my collection. The format is very rare, and the fact that it was issued months after the last jump school closed is fascinating. I only have a couple this late.
                        Someone should bring this Tews group together again......

Here the Ploch signed doc I talked about earlier today
                        Last edited by Niedersachsen; 11-30-2005, 05:54 PM.

Comment

fallschirmj.regt.17

Hi all
                          First of all:Thanks for the information so far.
                          It is surprising to see where all the (in this case)documents went after the war and how we can bring them together now with the help of this forum.
                          Does anyone know where they actually fought by the end of the war?
                          I,ve got all my books in boxes for a while so.........
                          Regards Mark

Comment

I don't know for sure, but I think the Tews group was in the hands of Klaus Peters. It think it was probably broken up either by Peters or by George P. when he got all of Peters' document. If you want to reunite them with the jump badge document, I'll be happy to buy whatever you've got.

Comment

Tews

Hi Chris
                              Thanks a lot for the offer but wouldn,t it be better to reunite them there where it came from,historically seen?
                              I,ve got also the E.K.2 award document.
                              Regards Mark

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X