X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price for a para photo is skyrocketing

Check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...ayphotohosting

I bought a similar one for Euro 25 one year ago in Stuttgart. Those prices drive me mad.

Jürg
    Strength and Honour
    http://standwheretheyfought.jimdo.com/

...and all this for a piece of paper...
    The best is that what's really relevant is already on my hard disk...for free!!!

cheers
    Uwe

PS: there are more nice para photos on E-Bay.de right now, some even without the stupid copy right water marks...go and save them now!

Comment

They had another excellent photo of an early war FJ standing in front of a Junkers that sold for $150 USD approx (137 Euros I believe). I looked at it, and had bought a series of pictures presumably from the same soldier (a whole lot of them listed individually, but looking from around the same unit/era/location). But there is no way I could afford to go through things like that!!! I know exactly what you mean.
      Jon

Comment

Jürg, the prices are still on the way up to heaven.........

Sold for round about 190 Euro /230 USD on German eBay (it´s a wonderfull picture, went to a US guy btw).....a NCO (Spiess), with FJR 1 cuff on his Waffenrock
        Last edited by Niedersachsen; 11-30-2005, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Original period photographs are collectible artifacts in themselves. Civil War portraits, particularly of Confederate soldiers, now fetch enormous sums, well into the thousands of dollars. Buy them now, guys, because in 10 years you'll look back on the days when you could buy an FJ portrait like that for $100 or $150 with nostalgia and say "I wish I'd bought every one I saw back then."

Comment

Originally posted by Chris
            Original period photographs are collectible artifacts in themselves. Civil War portraits, particularly of Confederate soldiers, now fetch enormous sums, well into the thousands of dollars. Buy them now, guys, because in 10 years you'll look back on the days when you could buy an FJ portrait like that for $100 or $150 with nostalgia and say "I wish I'd bought every one I saw back then."
            So very true!
            Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Originally posted by uwezankl
              ...and all this for a piece of paper...
              The best is that what's really relevant is already on my hard disk...for free!!!

cheers
              Uwe

PS: there are more nice para photos on E-Bay.de right now, some even without the stupid copy right water marks...go and save them now!
              Uwe , money also are pieces of paper not so interesting as original FJ photos...
              Looking for FJR2 combat pics in Russia.

Comment

Collecting Military Photographs

Civil War images (i.e. ambrotypes, tintypes, cdvs, albumens, etc.) have increased in value partly because they made the transition from Civil War collectible to photographic collectible. Thirty years ago only Civil War collectors bought images and today the high grade images are also bought by photograph collectors. In today's market a hard plate image of a Confederate general in uniform can sell for as much as $25,000. I personally watched a collector pay $10,000 for an extremely rare cdv [this is a paper image] of a Confederate general.

Photographs from our more recent wars (i.e. WW I, WW II and Vietnam) are also increasing in value. WW II Paratrooper memorabilia is in hot demand and these photographs are bringing big money. I've seen basic Fallschirmjager portraits sell for 100 to 250 Euros on ebay and a small photograph grouping documented to a 327th GIR Pathfinder sell for $450. Over the coming years some of these photographs will continue to increase in value.

World War Two nose art photographs are also very much in demand. Although nose art photographs generally sell for between $10 to $50, I have seen them bring as much as $600. Prices depend on clarity of image, size of image, type of aircraft (i.e. P-47, P-51, P-38, B-17, B-24, B-29, etc.), unit and the nose art pictured. Last month a 4" X 5" photograph of B-24 BEELINE BETTY with crew (308th BG) sold for $116 on ebay.

Many collectors today can't afford the high prices of uniforms, helmets, documents, medals, insignia and edged weapons. Photographs provides them with an opportunity to still be militaria collectors and to enjoy history.

Photographs are a window into our past and help visually to bring our history alive.

1 BEP

P.S.

I will pay $_00.00 for an original crystal clear studio portrait showing a standard bearers sleeve insignia being worn on a black Panzer wrap around.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X