Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Booty from Ciney...

Hi all

Last Sunday the big militaria fair in Ciney/Belgium, was on again. Lot's of kit, very high prices BUT...if you look close enough a fair deal here and there...

cheers
    Uwe
    Attached Files

pic 2

Attached Files

Comment

pic 3

Attached Files

Comment

pic 4

Attached Files

Comment

pic 5

...the harness is in top shape, all snaps work beautifully and there is very little wear on it. What really surprised me was the price...a lot cheaper than a REPRO T-5 harness! The BoB hype really is on over here right now.
          Now I am looking for a deployment bay with static line

cheers
          Uwe
          Attached Files
          Last edited by uwezankl; 11-01-2005, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Hi Uwe, nice rig you have there! any other FJ related items?

Comment

...lot's but since I am not really an expert I could not tell the fakes from the originals. I saw two very nice blue bandoliers, made of a rather thin fabric that had a feeling like a cotton/rayon mix to it. We inspected about 10 helmets, two I would have classed as originals, the rest from ??? to sure fakes. A Dutch guy sold some FJ gear, smock, trousers and side lace boots...about two inches higher than normal ones...?
              The guy I bought the RZ20 from also had a pair of Czech side lace boots, too small and too expensive for a fake (400EUR)!
              There were about 5-6 water camo jump smocks for sale, starting at ~4000EUR going up...not sure here neither. Anyway, it's always good to be there, a very mixed crowd and the whole range of goods...from single buttons to whole jeeps and WLAs...and it's a HUGE show!

cheers
              Uwe

Comment

Uwe, maybe this is one of the two bandoleers you saw at the Belgian Ciney Show ?

By the way, I must admit that, this time, the Ciney Show was far much better than it tended to be the last times.

Mark
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
                  some we saw looked like cheaply made copies of flimsy material and were off re. measurements very obviously.
                  Some looked very nice, had correct snaps and all, but it was interesting to see how many mint bluegrey bandoliers of the same type were available at the same show.

best regards,
                  Volker

Comment

blue bandoliers

Hi Volker

I meanwhile had a lenghly conversation with Gran Sasso about those, he confirmed that the blue ones were made of rather thin material and that the two we saw (Eddie's and the one on the other side of the hall) were originals. I will most likely see his collection in a short while, armed with camera and measurement tape...

cheers
                    Uwe

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X