Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fallschirmjager Belt/Buckle

Hello All,

Acquired a belt and buckle some years ago. The belt is a lighter weight than Heer and the buckle is aluminium. The vet told me it was taken from a paratrooper and theirs was lighter to save on weight. There are no markings on the belt, although it appears it was originally brown, then blackened, and coloring has stood up well. The buckle tab reads "Jul. Kremp, 1939".

Can anyone advise me if this is para-troop issue and what approximate market value would be for this.

Thanks in advance.

KenMc

Hi Ken,

Sounds like you have a standard prewar Luftwaffe belt and buckle. There is nothing different on one worn by a FJ over one worn by any other Luftwaffe Flieger. Prewar leather belts were commonly in brown.....and often blackened later. Early Luftwaffe buckles were made in aluminum. About the 40/41 they were being phased out in favor of steel blue-gray painted buckles.

Willi
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Willi & Ken,

Thank God the truth at last!!! I cringe everytime I hear someone describe a standard piece of field equipment such as a belt and buckle as being Paratrooper!!! No such thing and I agree with Willi....the same items were issued to all sections of the Luftwaffe except of course the specialty items such as the FJ bonesack, FJ helmet, Gloves, trousers, etc. On the other hand when you receive a personal story from a Veteran about a Belt and Buckle he brought back then all you can you do is take his word that it was captured from a Paratrooper..end of story!
      To me the story and item together are priceless but to others $65 to $75. Bill

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X