Welcome Bill Petz to the Paratrooper Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Bill Petz to the Paratrooper Forum

I am sure everyone joins me in welcoming serious collector and good guy, Bill Petz to the paratrooper forum.

Welcome aboard Bill, we are glad to have you here. I would suggest becoming an Association member as soon as possible if you haven't already done so, so you can post pics, etc. With all the interesting photographs you own, I am sure this capability will prove to be usefull.

EQ

Eric,

Thanks for the welcome! I will certainly consider your offer on association membership. As you well know I have quite alot of FJ photos that have never been seen before in several shoe boxes along with about 10 photo albums. Also HG, LWFD, and Panzer...run out of Bookcase space. Love them flea markets and small military shows in Germany. You and I have bumped into each other on ebay on occasion usually concerning FJ photos. I hope to eventually be able to put some of my photos up on this forum as soon as I can convince a friend of mine to sell the other half of the digital camera we bought together. Looking forward to further discussions. My friend Jim Pool sort of convinced me to join a forum and I couldn't help putting my 2 cents in on the Wehrpasses. Bill

Comment

Hi Bill,

I was hoping when I emailed both you and Jim with information on this forum that you guys would get involved. Always nice to hear from collectors with the same interests.

Welcome......

Willi
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Hi Willi,

Well when certain subjects pop up (Fallschirmjaeger, Hermann Goering Panzer, LW Feld Division and norm Panzer) I get interested!! I wrote Jim to sign up as well. Having fun already if you haven't noticed. Jim enjoys forums much better than I but when the subjects are interesting I will jump right into it. Yes many folks have the same interest as I have already found out on the forum...folks immediately wanted to buy some of my FJ items. I have no problem letting them know my collection is hands off. I will share photos, stories, opinions and discussions but I am by no means an expert but have been around awhile. Thanks - Bill

Comment

Hi Bill,

I know what you mean about folks wanting to buy things. I get calls all the time and they ask "what do you have to sell?"..."what do you have to trade?"....and they are not asking about the extra stuff I move, but rather from my primary collection. And these are guys who know I don't rotate my collection......

On here we try not to make offers/show interest unless a guy says he may sell and is fishing for value....such as the Wehrpasses. And then even then some of us are out of the loop on certain items, regarding values.

No experts here.......just students with differing levels of education.... . Something new to learn every day. And we all welcome thought provoking dialog.

Willi
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Willi,

I'm sure we are not alone and there is always someone out there that wants what you or I have!!! I'm guilty at times myself on wanting something but usually it way out of my price range!!!!
            Well one of the first things I noticed was the offers on FJ wehrpasses...which really is natural and not really a problem except that no one answered his question on the worth of those wehrpasses!!! I just had to put my two cents in and I'm not sure if he had noticed my quotes.
            Yes, If you aren't learning anything new then you are already dead and don't know it......someone only needs to bury the unfortunate soul!!! - Bill

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X