Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smock breast eagles

Giday everyone,

The other day we were talking about a photograph that Eric posted which showed some jäger wearing new smocks that did not include a breast eagle.

I noticed last night while looking at some photographs taken of various members of Sturmabteilung Koch that some jäger are wearing modified smocks that do not include breast eagles.

Any comments?

All the best,

Ian

Hi Ian,

What is your theory? If the photo is Holland era, then my theory is the same as it was for Eric's photo.

Regards,
    John
    Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Sturm Abteilung Koch was able to do many unique things......their uniform was no exception. As many members modified their M38 smocks with pockets....from 1 pocket to 4.....I assume some guys had Heer eagles, most had Luft eagles and some had none..based on photos. Their modification of the M38 smocks by adding pockets, was, in my opinion, the test base for adding pockets to M40 smocks. I suspect that these guys got away with more uniform violations than other units......I see it slightly different than those prewar units getting their first issue of smocks in 1938, when both the Heer and Luftwaffe each had a battalion.

Willi
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X