You could own this today for a mere $3500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could own this today for a mere $3500

The sellers name is "Harder" and........well......I guess I'll leave that joke alone.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=738847241

Hi Eric,

This is a very rare and little known camo pattern, intended only for wear on 4-01 and 10-31 of each year....

Regards,
    John
    Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Wow,these colors make me feel happy,I love the bright orange...
      The guy forgot to put on a ticket "WET !"

Jos.

Comment

The seller's right about one thing...this pattern IS extremely rare!

Comment

rare orange camo

You are all correct, it is very rare. This particular orange pattern was used by paratroopers on surveying parties when they would set out their transits and measure how level the road was. They would spray orange marks on the road for reference purposes. If they came under fire while they were doing this, they would hit the ground, and the orange camo on the helmets would blend in with the orange reference marks they painted on the road, and the enemy wouldn't notice them. The really difficult item to get is the "Survey Party" signs in German which they set up when they were surveying.
          If I were one of you fallschirmjager collectors, I'd snap this puppy up quick....
          ~ The true test of a democracy is how well it protects the rights of its least popular citizens. ~

~ Never cross swords with an unworthy opponent. ~

Comment

Hi Steve,
            I did some extensive research on this over the weekend, and find there may be another explanation. As is well known, Herman Goring was an avid hunter and outdoorsman. At the outbreak of war, old Herman found his leisure time somewhat limited, so he selected a few trustworthy men from his Fallschirmjager Corps to head up a new department....the Reichs Wildlife and Forestry Protectorate. These individuals patrolled Goring's Estate, keeping the wolf population in check, while keeping the pantry full of fresh venison. They painted orange on their helmets as a safety precaution, so as to avoid any hunting accidents. Near war's end, Goring reluctantly had to call these individuals back to active service to defend Berlin. Evidently there are only two surviving examples of these helmets in existence today....one in the Lenin museum in Moscow, and the other in the U.S. The interesting point of trivia here, is that these helmets were actually the forerunner of the fluorescent orange hunting cap, commonly used throughout the world today.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X