No announcement yet.

Opinion of FJ Fliegerbluse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

real base tunic with all insignia restored post war.

Comment

Many thanks, HAF :-)

I'm happy with that - being ex-military with 18 years experience across air force and army - I can understand that this sort of thing went on (during service soldiers often tinker with their clothing!) ... and throw into the mix the post-war impact of owning items with certain emblems.

Do you think, from what you can see, that the attached badges are okay? Although I own one cloth badge already (ex-Bill Shea) I am not an expert and really value this forum's advice before making purchases.

Cheers,
      Jim
      Last edited by jimbo_cymru; 08-31-2020, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Appears to have all original insignia, and added postwar by a collector. The cloth jump badge is not placed properly.
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Thanks Willi Z. :-)

Comment

Out of interest, Willi Z. and HAF what should one expect to pay for a tunic like this, considering that the badges have been reattached?

Cheers!
            Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo_cymru View Post
              Out of interest, Willi Z. and HAF what should one expect to pay for a tunic like this, considering that the badges have been reattached?

Cheers!
              Jim
              Jim thats not a item i would ever buy for my closet collection ,but if you like it ,then my vote go for abaut 700- 800 usd here ,but kept in mind if you ever want to part with it its can be not so easy,the are not rare so better wait and buy one with maybe only FJ badge restored .

Comment

Thanks HAF - yeah the seller is asking $950USD, which I didn't think was too bad. However, as you suggest, with your FJ contacts on this site and your broader network, you probably have access to more items than I do in Australia!

Really appreciate the input. Many thanks :-)

Cheers,
                Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo_cymru View Post
                  Thanks HAF - yeah the seller is asking $950USD, which I didn't think was too bad. However, as you suggest, with your FJ contacts on this site and your broader network, you probably have access to more items than I do in Australia!

Really appreciate the input. Many thanks :-)

Cheers,
                  Jim
                  Jim take a look on Mike site virtualgrenadier ,he has from time to time decent Fliegerblusen at good realistic price ,and my advice is to stay away from big european dealers ,as most of the time the stuff is restored .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X