No announcement yet.

Why are sleevebands dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can tell you guys about a conversation some collector friends and I had. We were talking about cuff titles and if we thought they were worth the money they bring. Now we were talking about cuff titles in general not just FJ bands. The just of it was for the money you can find so many other items. Myself I would spend my money on a nice tunic dagger or helmet over a cuff title any day. Don't get me wrong we all said we liked them and could see the draw to them. But besides the fakes and the big prices they just don't seem to speak to me like other items do.

Comment

not dead at all and much cheaper as before :
      feel free to comment ....

Comment

Nice cuff Clint!

Comment

for me cuffs are interesting but not that much as the other medals or badges - except of military campaign one!

Comment

I still have all my cufftitles, and enjoy them more than most awards. They represent the early FJ regiments, and that makes them significant IMO.

However, I see them at shows with little interest from most.
            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

I would love to have just one! And also a FJ helmet to go with it.

Comment

Hello Willi,
                I am here your opinion!
                I also appreciate my cufftitles
                more than some medals.
                and it's harder to get good cufftitles than a jumper badge

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
                  I still have all my cufftitles, and enjoy them more than most awards. They represent the early FJ regiments, and that makes them significant IMO.

However, I see them at shows with little interest from most.
                  Do you think the lack of interest is due in part because of the killer fakes out there. They scare me. Jim

Comment

Originally posted by djpool View Post
                    Do you think the lack of interest is due in part because of the killer fakes out there. They scare me. Jim
                    No Jim, IMO the fakes are not that good. We have good references now regarding what "textbook" CTs are. At the recent SOS I had a FJR1 EM CT, and NO ONE even asked about the price...
                    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
                      No Jim, IMO the fakes are not that good. We have good references now regarding what "textbook" CTs are. At the recent SOS I had a FJR1 EM CT, and NO ONE even asked about the price...
                      That's sad. The FJ CTs are beautiful.

But not all the Army ones are desirable either. The GD CTs seem to sell in part because the prices aren't through the roof and because the unit had a great fighting record. Jim

Comment

I too enjoy my few cuffs, all part of FJ-estates. Here is the latest addition.

Best, Peter
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X