• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers Sander , anyway it’s a great smock

Comment

Beauty !

Comment

Great smock, congrats . Looks like all similar Ristow come in this mint condition. I also have mint one.
        Just curious, anyone seen it in worn condition?
        Looking for FJR2 combat pics in Russia.

Comment

Interesting question.
          I wonder if Ristow made less smocks than other smock manufacturers.... is there any info about that , they seem perhaps rather less encountered generally .....?

Comment

Originally posted by Sergey K. View Post
            Great smock, congrats . Looks like all similar Ristow come in this mint condition. I also have mint one.
            Just curious, anyone seen it in worn condition?
            Interesting observation Sergey. I don't recall seeing a worn smock like this. All have been mint and very small sizes. This one is a "1A"...the smallest size. I think mine was a "1B".

Perhaps they are leftover smocks which were not issued because of the size and found in a depot.
            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Speaking about jump jackets that were apparently never issued though there are rumors of a couple of photos in existence here’s the 44 dot example sadly long gone but I found on my computer.
              Was bbqing and looking on a lazy Sunday afternoon.
              owen
              Attached Files

Comment

Those photos would change a lot ......Actually those smocks aren' t really a highlight.

Comment

I would think some Ristow sumpf’s were actually issued, just in smaller numbers than other makes , then worn until in poor shape and thrown away....would be great to see a well worn one though ...

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post

Interesting observation Sergey. I don't recall seeing a worn smock like this. All have been mint and very small sizes. This one is a "1A"...the smallest size. I think mine was a "1B".

Perhaps they are leftover smocks which were not issued because of the size and found in a depot.
                    You right , Willi ... Mine also in 1A size. And almost different kinds and makers of zippers installed but what I really like about these smocks they used all metal , not plastic..Mine has Ri-Ri and Zipp but all they are different to each other, looks like they used spare zippers from large pile of different zippers and didn't choose identical for installation on same smock.

Comment

Mines a 1A also, like yours Sergey with Ri Ri and Zipp metal zips...with splinter in all pockets ....
                      Attached Files

Comment

what would a smock like this cost these days i am in process of looking for one thats like these shown
                        thanks

Comment

Nice smock and display, Anand
                          Mine has splinter only in breast pockets ///
                          I think reasonable price on similar smocks around 6-7 K ?

Comment

Sergey, I agree with your price quote. Been that way for 10 years now, once we got beyond the "fool's phase" where a few paid ridiculous prices. Much better for the hobby to now be in a more "grounded" phase.

As to the SS smock, I have yet to see a wartime photo of one being worn.
                            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Gran Sasso says he’s got pics

Comment

A very handsome example. Congratulations! Ristow was always a bit of a mysterious manufacturer in my experience. Every example I’ve encountered had the LBA 40 stamp regardless of the actual year of production. Have a Ristow splinter on GM which is also unissued, also with beautiful rich colors.

As Steve stated, the stitching of the eagle certainly is original.
                                Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X