Fj Officer Bullion Qualification Award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fj Officer Bullion Qualification Award

Hi all, I have been for many years a British Airborne collector predominantly and now diversifying and exploring German airborne troops. Looking for any guidance or help on identifying features of the officer version of the parachute qualification award in bullion. I am slowly working my way through the 300+ posts on this forum, which are incredibly useful and have already been through 18 threads on cloth awards alone. In addition have a few reference books at home that I am studying, such as the Karl Veltze series of books on FJ generally and many others. When it comes to the FJ officer bullion award, I am struggling to find too many common denominators and it seems to me that the common characteristic of originals is that they are all quite different in terms of the overall look of them, as in there seems to be quite a lot of variance in style of execution.
    I have never handled a verified genuine badge in person so finding it tricky to get some kind of benchmarks and references. I post here one example I do have, however as I have seen others like this (although the tip of the wing on similar types sits outside of the wreath and breaks up the form of the oval) not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.
    What I can notice is that the reverse of the badge has some form of 'cheese cloth' layer, I can see some breaks in the backing that indicate some variance in color threads underneath, but cannot tell if the 5 (correct me if I am wrong) that you would normally see are there or not. In profile the badge does not seem to be as thick as I have seen on a few original versions where a similar profile image is available.
    Would appreciate any thoughts or further insights that anyone can supply me with to verify what this badge is and that may help me track down and identify an original one!

Thanks,

Paul
    Attached Files

Looks like a repro to me.

J-

Comment

Agree, it’s not a style I would want in the collection. There seem to be several of these around, and believe some regard this design as genuine, remain unconvinced.
      Esse Quam Videri

Comment

I remain unconvinced as well.

​​​​​​I always found this style of eagle to be odd; it doesn't remind me of a nice eagle. Just my opinion. Certainly there are others who like this type.
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Thanks Willi for taking the time to review and give me your thoughts. So far have not seen any in person, so must put it as a priority to see some original examples.
          Best wishes,

Paul

Comment

Thanks John also for your time to reply.

Best wishes,

paul

Comment

Thanks Jason!

Best wishes,

Paul

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X