GermanMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Screws and Bolts , german Para helmet. Original ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screws and Bolts , german Para helmet. Original ???

Just a quick one , are these screws and bolts original ??
    Attached Files

No
    Looking for FJR2 combat pics in Russia.

Comment

I agree. Not original.
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

What a shame , but thanks anyway

Comment

Just to help: the nuts are too thick (and as I can't see the flange areas, they might be incorrect as well), the paint is fake, bolt heads are too perfect, and not sure if the nuts are 14mm. Nearly impossible today to find original spanner bolts and nuts. Was tough 30 years ago...
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Hi Willi, right observations, as some more which not told yet.
            But I must notice about special thickness , I was sure about this for many years until recently found on some of my helmets almost twice thicker than standard. And that nut 10000% original factory made and never been messed with. Who knows what is this , perhaps production error but it exists and I'm very surprised.
            Attached Files
            Looking for FJR2 combat pics in Russia.

Comment

Agree regarding the nut thickness Sergey, there are indeed variations, especially later in the war. Perhaps period replacement bolts and nuts for ones which came loose and were lost.

However, what about the threads on the bolts considered here, are not the threads too coarse?
              Esse Quam Videri

Comment

I agree there are thickness variations. The ones in question are still too thick and crudely made. Poor machine work.

John, yes the threads are too coarse. I wonder if they are metric threads.

Making the correct nuts, especially the outer nut, is pretty labor intensive. I was using a lathe yesterday with a friend making a new firing pin for a Schützen rifle, and it takes skill and time.

Here are some bolts and nuts from some of the few spares I have left.
                Attached Files
                Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X