Old version of veteran fallschirmjager beret badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old version of veteran fallschirmjager beret badge

Hi guys is the following statement is correct regarding this item look forward to hearing from you regards

« This is the old version of a beret badge, without a German National Flag on the bottom. Many older German veteran Fallschirmjäger still wear this type of insignia on their beret. It is worn on the side of a Maroon, also called Bordeauxrot (Bordeaux Red), airborne beret. It has four flat metal prongs on the back that are pushed through the beret's cloth and bent over inside to attach it to the beret. »

Measure approx. 5.5 X 4.5 cm (2.16 X 1.77 in)
    Attached Files

Yes, I knew a few former Fallschirmjöäger veterans who visited us in our Bundeswehr barracks in the 90´s. Some of them wore these badges on the bordeaux beret but as fas as I remeber without the splinter fabric.The old type badge was a highly praised item with the active Bundeswehr members, too.

Comment

Originally posted by hoover View Post
      Yes, I knew a few former Fallschirmjöäger veterans who visited us in our Bundeswehr barracks in the 90´s. Some of them wore these badges on the bordeaux beret but as fas as I remeber without the splinter fabric.The old type badge was a highly praised item with the active Bundeswehr members, too.
      The beret badge looks better than the current jump wings! Too bad the BW won't use the beret badge for the Fallschirmschützenabzeichen! Also, the early BW Fallschirmschützenabzeichen looks better (to *me*) than the current one.

-- Guy
      Attached Files

Comment

For a while the troop was allowed to wear a small piece of green parachute silk under the beret badge. Those who had a problem with the parachute in the jump we call it (a roll) when a line hits the parachute canopy.

Comment

I have also such a badge here, but without the piece of green cloth,

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kurt View Post
            For a while the troop was allowed to wear a small piece of green parachute silk under the beret badge. Those who had a problem with the parachute in the jump we call it (a roll) when a line hits the parachute canopy.
            That's what we call a "Mae West." a suspension line is wrapped over the canopy creating two or more "breasts". Why is this particular malfunction called a "Mae West"? See images below; (1) the malfunction, (2) the actress from whom it was named. ( * )( * )

One senior sergeant in my stick had a streamer and finally pulled his reserve about 30 meters from the ground. He hit hard, but was otherwise uninjured. He quit jump status the next day after buying the Rigger a case of beer.

-- Guy
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X