MilitariaPlaza

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camo helmet colour at Eben Emael and other questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camo helmet colour at Eben Emael and other questions.

Having searched this forum and the net aswell as having gone through the usual reference books I still haven't found a definite answer to the following question:

What would the correct colour be on the "texture" camouflaged FJ-helmets that was worn in the Eben Emael raid? Would it be natural "sand" colour? Apple green colour? or some other colour???

A few examples are featured in the well known and widely published picture below.

Also, when, in roughly the right time, would the change from the early spanner bolts via the slotted, vented bolts to the final slotted bolts have occured. Can one pinpoint dates or a rough timing for the changes?

Finally, I've seen some factory pictures covering the manufacturing process of the M35 helmet but does anyone have pictures covering the manufacture stages, process or assembly of the FJ-helmet?
    Attached Files

Being a "early" action the far majority of the camo on the FJ helmets was mud smeared on the helmet. This was likely the most common "camo" found on helmets of the Eben Emael assault. The FJ guys may have more specifics concerning this assault.

Comment

I agree, mud. It took the reflection from all those beautiful DD helmets.
      Esse Quam Videri

Comment

I agree with the mud theory too. And, they probably had to clean them up when they went back to garrison.

Sigurd, I have yet to see any photos of the FJ helmet manufacturing process. As for the aluminum bolts, my best guess is 1943, regarding their first appearance.
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Isn't this pic for sale at epay at the moment?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X