Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FJ in Holland...Twede Tol - May 1940

Dear all,

On behalf of my buddy Mark: he just obtained this nice IC2nd class document for a FJ that fought at the Moerdijk bridge in Holland in May 1940. Is there anything specific known about this man i.e. the mentioned Oberst?

Esp. Eric Queen: Dear Eric, we have seen that in your excellent publication Red shines the Sun (Moerdijk chapter) various docs and pictures regarding this place TWEDE TOL are shown? Can you tell us more about this?

Strange is the fact that the correct spelling should be TWEEDE TOL but in all seen docs. the Germans refer to TWEDE TOL.....strange!

For all interestees: tomorrow we have planned to visit this historical site...it is just half-an-hour away....we'll try to make some pictures and post them here...

Best regards,

Coco
    Attached Files
    Pls. have also a look at my web-site: www.hiscoll.com

sigpic

Coco,

Very nice document. I would be surprised though, if it is actually from Moerdijk.
    I have never seen one of the documents ( from II./1) that 1. did not indicate the unit 2. used a stamp for the date.

The population of these documents tended to be very consistant ( at this time ) at the company level.

All the ones I have ( and have seen ) from 5./1, 7./1, 8./1, Nachrichten Zug, and Sani.Abt. all are marked " II./ F.J.R.1 ". The only exception is the 6th company ( under Oblt. Stangenburg ) who populated their documents " 6./ F.J.R. 1 "

Most of the EK documents I have seen for Maj. Schulz's III./ F.J.R. 1 ( Flugplaz Waalhaven. Willems Bridge ) were populated without a unit designation, and I am guesing, that is what this is.

Any documents from Operation "Gelb" are extremely rare in my opinion.

Very nice.

EQ

Comment

And of course the Oberst who signed the document is Bruno Brauer ( the holder of Fallschirmschuetzenschein nummer 1 !!!!!!!!!!! )

Comment

Twe(e)de Tol is where all the EK II's were given to FJR 1. 5 days later, EK I's were given at Den Haag.

Putzier signed the EK I documents due to the fact that Student was in the hospital after being accidently shot ( in the head ) by the SS.

Comment

Is this the document that was for sale on Niemann's site a week or so ago ?

Comment

Twede Tol

Hi Coco,

I have visited that area too, but nothing to find concerning the old days.
            Or you must be interested in an old entrance-gate, located near the caravancamp - gipsytype encampment, be careful with those people and first ask permission before you enter their area.

Have a nice trip.

yours
            Eric-Jan

Comment

The photo's...

Dear all,

Thanks for all the reactions! Today we there...despite the lousy weather... a nice experience! The place 'Twede Tol' was actually a kind of an area and not a specific village or town. Having arrived there and having talked with some of the locals really nothing special was to be found. (Thanks Eric-Jan! You already warned us!) However, being so close to the actual Moerdijk-bridge (being only 5 minutes away) we decided to make a small exploration there.

The pictures show some nice 'souvenirs' from May 1940 still being around. The (Dutch) built bunkers and fortifications still stand strong...also the original railway bridge is to be seen on the pictures. Enjoy.... and see for yourself.....
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Coco; 07-31-2005, 02:00 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Photo 2:

Photo 2:
                Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

Photo 3:

Photo 3:
                  Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

Photo 4:

Photo 4:
                    Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

Photo 5:

Photo 5:
                      Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

Photo 6:

Photo 6:
                        Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

Photo 7:

Photo 7:
                          Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

Photo 8:

Photo 8:
                            Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

Photo 9:

Photo 9:
                              Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X