Clear All

FJ Bag good or bad

is this FJ bag a fake or is it real

what would it be wearth in price ?

niels

Comment

Comment

Comment

Looks right to me. Sadly it looks pretty dry rotted as well. I would say no more than 120-150 USD for one in that condition.

Gary

Comment

sorry my friend but the bag is absolutly not rotten !!
            it is in verry good shape !

my be the photo's do him no good, okay but no its not rotten !
            what would the price be of a good one then ?

niels

Comment

They are not rare,let me make that quite clear,but in mint condition with no holes rips or tears and no missing hardware about £70,some but not all have BA stamp under the flap aswell as a FL no. to the top which yours has and a werk control no. can sometimes also be found,but if the bag had all 3 i would still include it in the price above. Your bag to me would be worth about £30 to £35.00,as there is some damage i can see and the snaps are corroded.
              Cheers
              Bob

Comment

Oh! forgot to say it is not strictly a FJ bag,all German pilot and aircrew chutes were kept in these bags and then placed in the storage tin till it was needed for operations,they are all marked the same,though there was a variation will a linen label afixed to the top of the flap with details added to this.
                Bob

Comment

so bob do you think this bag is FJ used or most sertenly not ?

this box also comes along with the bag ?
                  whats the price of one of these ?

greeting niels

Comment

Hello Niels,

It's 50/50 my friend,we would all like to think every tin bag etc was all used by the FJ but unfortunatly this is not the case for the reasons i've already specified.
                    The tin though a little grubby has a good original stencil are all the lock downs there at each corner?,always nice to have all 4,again not a rare item but a nice piece of kit to own.I have seen them fetch silly money but then there's some mad people out there ,for your tin £60 (80E) would be a reasonable price.hope this is of help to you.
                    Cheers
                    Bob

Comment

thanks very much bob !

i know a lot more now !
                      thanks !

greet niels

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X