Beltring 2005 FJ report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Schimpf badge :
    ( Thanks to Joseph for his help on this one )
    Last edited by SMP; 08-01-2005, 01:27 PM. Reason: Photo removed

Comment

Originally posted by philip turland
      I didn't any of the FJ helmets I saw......I must have missed the one at the top of this thread.

As mentioned above more Fake camo's than you could shake a stick at

I picked up a relic FJ helmet for £180 pounds

And i got a RZ20 chute with bag for £375 pounds

I am happy

good show, might give it a miss next year (this was my 4th)

lots of FJ re-enactors

would like to have met Bob Sellers but didn't know where he was

also picked up a copy of JYN's Green Devils for £20
      I saw a total of 2 relic FJ helmets,one had remains of he liner and was priced at £200, I think thats the one you probably got. the other came with a group of 3 other standard helmets all dug up condition and was £200 for the group.
      I was a little tempted by the one with liner remains but thought that £200 or $450 was alittle steep ,or am I out of touch ?

Comment

Front view, slightly soiled.
        Last edited by SMP; 07-26-2005, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Stocko snaps :

It was good to meet up with Bob and his hard working boys. It is always very hot for them at Beltring !

Regards,
          Steve
          Last edited by SMP; 07-26-2005, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Steve ,Why bandoilers have partycoloured threads Is that Ok ?
            Last edited by Sergey K.; 07-26-2005, 04:35 PM.
            Looking for FJR2 combat pics in Russia.

Comment

Nice finds Steve! Good job on that Schimpf badge and cap!

Nothing wrong with multiple colors of threads being used in the construction of items.

Bob, am glad you took care of John. He asked me who he could contact when he got there. He is the new generation for our hobby......half my age!
              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Sturm 74
                Steve ,Why bandoilers have partycoloured threads Is that Ok ?
                For me, different coloured threads is a good sign of originality. I think this applies to mid/late war items more than early items.

Regards,
                Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SMP
                  For me, different coloured threads is a good sign of originality. I think this applies to mid/late war items more than early items.

Regards,
                  Steve
                  Thanks ! I just want to know more about FJ items .
                  Last edited by Sergey K.; 07-27-2005, 09:23 AM.
                  Looking for FJR2 combat pics in Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish
                    I saw a total of 2 relic FJ helmets,one had remains of he liner and was priced at £200, I think thats the one you probably got. the other came with a group of 3 other standard helmets all dug up condition and was £200 for the group.
                    I was a little tempted by the one with liner remains but thought that £200 or $450 was alittle steep ,or am I out of touch ?
                    Hi Jon

yes, i think you are right, the one i bought was £180 and it has got the remains of a liner band in it.

it is perforated and it has been filled in the front but i am very pleased, my first genuine FJ piece.

actually my second because i bought a parachute a few mins beforehand

i will post some pice of the helmet a bit later

philip

Comment

Beltring

Originally posted by philip turland
                      Hi Jon

yes, i think you are right, the one i bought was £180 and it has got the remains of a liner band in it.

it is perforated and it has been filled in the front but i am very pleased, my first genuine FJ piece.

actually my second because i bought a parachute a few mins beforehand

i will post some pice of the helmet a bit later

philip
                      Took my RZ20 to my first Beltring to meet up with the person who Bob Sellers recommended to me to have the harness repaired. So, got that sorted. Also met up with Bob who was looking very bright and breezy and very informative! Fantastic to finally meet the great man! And guess what? Yep, I bought another RZ20 Rig! Oh dear the addiction has begun! Also met Philip carrying around his new cammo chute safely tucked up in a Burlap Bag, can now spot them a mile away. All in all a great day out apart from my wee man who was a little ill from all the ice-cream and the hot day so didn't get to look at all the stalls!

Comment

Originally posted by paul clements
                        Took my RZ20 to my first Beltring to meet up with the person who Bob Sellers recommended to me to have the harness repaired. So, got that sorted. Also met up with Bob who was looking very bright and breezy and very informative! Fantastic to finally meet the great man! And guess what? Yep, I bought another RZ20 Rig! Oh dear the addiction has begun! Also met Philip carrying around his new cammo chute safely tucked up in a Burlap Bag, can now spot them a mile away. All in all a great day out apart from my wee man who was a little ill from all the ice-cream and the hot day so didn't get to look at all the stalls!
                        Paul. I must apologise for having to take that phonecall whilst we were chatting

Just a few mins later i bought my helmet shell

hope you got your rig fixed ok

think i will go next year.....i will be more experienced and hopefully i can meet some more of you guys

philip

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X