luft M43-M42...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

luft M43-M42...

Hi guys,I have a question for all you m43-m42 Luftwaffe cap collectors out there,and probably a stupid one too.Is there any possibility that there existed a cap with a trapezoid in the lining,or was this only post-war...

Please enlighten me with this one.
    Thx in advance!

Hi Andy, do you mean was the insignia sewn through the lining and shows on the inside of the cap?

If so, the chances are it has been done postwar to restore the cap.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

No,I mean a trapezoid that has been stitched in the lining,as you see on officers crushers etc.

Plz. Help me out here..

Comment

btt..

Comment

Hi Andy, now I understand You mean the sweatsheild.

This might be found in a private purchase cap. But not in a issue example. But please be aware that many post war caps feature this.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

O.k. thanks. I own a piece like that,it has a trapezoid and a grey leather sweat band inside? the cap is aged,you can see a lot of sun impact on it,but I really don't have a clue if it's original or not.....

Comment

Hi Andy, have you any photos? Is it a full leather sweatband or just a half size one to the front of the cap?

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Right now I don't have any photo's,but I can get some.It is a full grey sweatband stitched together with an x in the back of the cap.

Comment

Hi Andy, I hope you can get some photos. I would be happy to post them for you.

I must say that I have a feeling this might turnout to be a postwar West German Luftwaffe cap but the sounds of it? I hope that I am wrong.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

I hope not...but it is possible.P.s. Inside the sweatband there is a name on a tag "Reinecke Wilhelm" and the markings"LPM" next to it,in black ink.. the grommets are black on the outside... I will try to take some pic's by the end of this week.

Comment

Originally posted by andy1230_13
                      I hope not...but it is possible.P.s. Inside the sweatband there is a name on a tag "Reinecke Wilhelm" and the markings"LPM" next to it,in black ink.. the grommets are black on the outside... I will try to take some pic's by the end of this week.
                      BTT

Comment

Originally posted by andy1230_13
                        BTT
                        Any info guys??? Please!

Comment

Hi Andy, I am really sorry but I do not like the fact it has grommets (air vents) to the sides. The more I hear the more I think this cap is not original WW2.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Andy, you are not giving us much to work with on this. From the decription so far, it does not leave me with any positive feeling. Photos are needed.....
                            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Zahn
                              Andy, you are not giving us much to work with on this. From the decription so far, it does not leave me with any positive feeling. Photos are needed.....
                              O.K. I WILL TRY A.S.A.P.... THX GUYS FOR THE PATIENCE.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X