Heer "FI" Boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer "FI" Boards

Here is a pair of Heer "FI" boards for a Fallschirminfanterie major I recently picked up.
    Attached Files
    AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

GERMAN ARMY SHOULDER STRAPS AND BOARDS - 1933-1945

I don't know what those are, but they are definately NOT Fallschirm Infanterie. The FIB used a F and gothic I ( "J") that were intertwined. ( see below pic )

The Fallschirm Infanterie had only one ( 1 ) Major, and I am not sure what the chances would be of getting Major Heidrichs straps. Anything is possible I guess.

Anyway, back to these pieces. Definately not FIB.

Heres what the ciphers should look like.
    Attached Files

Comment

I wondered about that. Vol 1 of Angolia's Army Series p. 372 lists "FI' on white as Parachute Infantry. He lists "FI+#" as Antiaircraft Battalions. On p. 323 he lists FI (intertwined) as Parachute Infantry (constituted 1 June 1938 and transferred to the Luftwaffe 1 January 1939).

It wouldn't be the first time I found an error in a book. My guess is that they are Antiaircraft Bn boards. On p. 372 there is a photograph of a Leutnant wearing the same device, without the numbers, and he is listed as being assigned to an AA Battery.

Thanks for clearing that up Eric. Let me know when you are ready to part with your board.
      AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

GERMAN ARMY SHOULDER STRAPS AND BOARDS - 1933-1945

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X