This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

von der Heydte questions

While flipping through Farrar-Hockley's biography of Student I came across an interesting photo of von der Heydte (page 99).

I have a few questions:

1. Has anyone seen this photo in another publication? (the quality - due to the paper and the printing process - is lacking)

2. He is wearing a Kreta cuff-title on his smock. Does anyone have any info on wearing cuff-titles on jump-smocks? I don't remember seeing photos of this in practice - (I did flip through a few other resources prior to posing this) - awards/badges yes - but cuff-titles no.

3. Does anyone know when the photo was taken - obviously post-Crete and maybe prior to Tunisia - (since he isn't wearing an Afrika cuff-title)? The reason I ask is that his left hand is bandaged - just trying to get idea when/where this injury might of occured.

Thanks for any info you can provide - if needed I can scan the pic and send it to someone with posting permission.

- James

Have seen that photo. Not sure where it might be, but it is not in the field. He has some of his other decorations on his smock also. Some kind of parade or ceremony is the most likely answer.

Willi
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

here is the refered to picture
      Attached Files

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

another example

Sorry the image isn't higher quality.
        Attached Files
        Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X