FJ lid, just in , Willi help ;-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FJ lid, just in , Willi help ;-)

Hello, just got my hands on a FJ-lid. Got it from a guy who inherit it from his grandfather. He also got an P08 and holster for it.

Unfortunatly this guy didnt know what he was doing and painted som stuff in it and (i think , he didnt tell me) also throwed away the liner.

I know this lid has all the features of an original one based on what i have been reading here, but i still have some questions what to do, i have never before owned an FJ-lid (cant afford it ;-) ). The Helmet comes from Belgium where his grandfather had it since the war. It have a nice ET 68 stamp and in the back of the rim an 934. Also it has a nice Domestamp, unfortunately the guys who painted what u see also painted over parts of the dome stamp :-(

Should i try to remove the white painted text? Should i try to get an liner for it ???? Is it even possible to find a liner??

I have never owned a lid like that so i would like to know what you all thinks of it....

Thanks

Daniel Sagatowski
    Attached Files

another shot
    Attached Files

Comment

another
      Attached Files

Comment

more :-)
        Attached Files

Comment

and more....
          Attached Files

Comment

some shot
            Attached Files

Comment

7# Here u can see the domestamp, the domestamp is very clear in the reality.....
              Attached Files

Comment

8# The ET68, my camera skills sukk, sry :-). If you need better shots please ask, i will try to get my friend to do it for me.....
                Attached Files

Comment

And the back where we can see the 934 stamp...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Cmon FJ collectors, i have never had an Fj lid, im a headgear collector but i never thougt i could get an FJ lid to my collection......i really would like to hear your thoughts about this lid.

Regards

Daniel Sagatowski

Comment

Daniel! Good find!!!
                      Beutyfull helmet!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lasse L
                        Daniel! Good find!!!
                        Beutyfull helmet!!!
                        Well Lasse, all credit for you, if it wasnt for you i would not get my hands on that lid.....THANKS!!

Comment

Hi Daniel

I also think your shell is good
                          If you are thinking of stripping the new paint off try a search. I think there have been a couple of threads in the past dealing with this. I can't remember where they were posted but the safest bet would be the helmet forum.

Best
                          Yannis

Comment

Hi Danne!

Very nice helmet

//Didrik

Comment

Of course the shell is authentic. I would leave the outside alone. If the white paint inside bothers you, and this was done in 1997, I would CAREFULLY remove the white paint. I would then leave it as is. I doubt you can find an authentic liner and strap. The helmet will display fine as it is. My opinion only.
                              Regards,
                              John
                              Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X