Repro Kreta cufftitle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repro Kreta cufftitle

This repro was made for the reenactor market a few years ago. I think they were made in Germany in the late 90s. Cost back then was $25, and I do not see them around anymore.
    Attached Files
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Attached Files
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Hi Willi, that is a scary repro I suspect they have disappeared in peoples collections as "real".

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi Willi,

Just held one of those at the last Ciney show, it was offerd by a German dealer and looked very convincing.

What is it that gives these titles away the cloth they are made from that is clearly a different type of material than the commonly encountered examples?

KR
        Philippe

Comment

Hi,

Had to get mine out and check!

3 differences that stood out are highlighted below. I think the top right one may be the easiest to pick, assuming they were all like this.

I also noted that the yellow borders are not on the edge as per originals, but 1 or ?2 mm in from the edge.

Regards
          Mike K
          Attached Files
          Regards
          Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Hey Willi,

Aren't these the ones Peterson was selling a few years back?

Gary
            Originally posted by Willi Zahn
            This repro was made for the reenactor market a few years ago. I think they were made in Germany in the late 90s. Cost back then was $25, and I do not see them around anymore.

Comment

I also noted that the yellow borders are not on the edge as per originals, but 1 or ?2 mm in from the edge.

Some originals have this too..
              Here's a original I've showing this feature.

Jos.
              Attached Files

Comment

This one is close to the border.

bear
                Last edited by Bear; 12-31-2006, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Close-up...
                  Last edited by Bear; 12-31-2006, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike K

Jos, Bear,

My apologies. Seems I need to replace "as per ogirinals" in the above comment with "as per MY original" Having said that, reading through some other Kreta CT threads, others believe that the yellow borders SHOULD be at the very top and bottom, with no white showing.

Jos, your example is amazing. The guy/gal sewing that day must have been hung over or forgot their glasses How did they miss going over the top edge of the acanthus.

Regards
                    Mike K
                    Regards
                    Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Gary, I don't think George ever had these in his inventory. I grabbed a few from a dealer in Mass, who frequently travels to Germany to find the best repros for reenactors.

I agree with Mike's comments about the borders. Jos's example (on top) is quite the exception.

I also agree that the fake I posted is not really that convincing, especially when handled. I just like to post things to alert those who may not keep up with the better fakes. While some of the details of the lettering on the front are nicely done, other details on the front (and especially the back), along with the fabric, are just wrong.

Here are my examples.......for comparison.
                      Attached Files
                      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Willi - great side by side views there.

I'm after a repro Kreta title for reenacting - who would you recommend? Everyone I come across appropriately id'd as a repro is of lesser quality, and the better quality repros are being sold as originals!
                        If only I could be half the man my dog thinks I am

Comment

Jos, your example is amazing. The guy/gal sewing that day must have been hung over or forgot their glasses How did they miss going over the top edge of the acanthus.

Yes,you see how low they had to go and nevertheless missed the acanthus..
                          It's a nice one though..,probably a exception of the rule.
                          Few more shots.

Jos.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X