One man's trash...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One man's trash...

...can certainly be another man's treasure.

I picked this up from one of the sponsors of this site. He bought some salesman's display cases from the estate of a former insignia retailer, and stuck in one of the corners of one of the cases was this. A piece of machine operater's testing scrap. Someone must have used it to perhaps clean the glass then wadded it up and threw it in the corner.

I always thought material like this was interesting as it offers some insight on how cloth insigina was produced and, as you can imagine, not much of it survived. When you look at the piece in the flesh, there is no doubt that it is 100% period.

Interesting that mostly green thread was used for the testing runs.

Just thought it would be an interesting "conversation piece"

EQ
    Attached Files

More
    Attached Files

Comment

But, here is the best part.....a section of a Fallschirm Jager Rgt. 3 sleeveband

I am sure just junk to most people, but I love this stuff...
      Attached Files

Comment

What is that insignia to the right on the first picture? This looks definitely like a Cyrillic letter B ???
        The World Needs Peace

Interesting photo archive: http://www.lostbulgaria.com

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Queen
          When you look at the piece in the flesh, there is no doubt that it is 100% period.

EQ

Well, thinking of the possibilities...... I hope that period was PRE - 1945

Comment

Yes, 100% period (war time ) produced, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Theodor
              What is that insignia to the right on the first picture? This looks definitely like a Cyrillic letter B ???
              I believe that is a 6 (six)

Comment

I think Ted is right
                WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

The Bulgarian youth organization, "Brannik", had exactly this emblem - a shield and letter B in it. But why in Germany, was their insignia made in Germany??? No idea...
                  The World Needs Peace

Interesting photo archive: http://www.lostbulgaria.com

Comment

Remember that some Bulgarian AF badges were made in Germany too Ted
                    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Wow, no response at all from any paratrooper collectors....

I would think that ANYTHING relating to the FJR3 band would warrant some interest.

Its clear that what I think is interesting and important is not consistant with what the majority of the forum membership thinks. Its (one of) my jobs as moderator to initiate topics of interest, but I don't think there is anywhere else for me to go with it.

Please forgive my interuption of your discussions of fake ebay helmets. Please carry on.

Comment

I dont even know what FJ3 is, but found your piece of cloth extremely interesting, and much more interesting than a mint FJ3 armband.

It is unfortunate that the instant you get off the beaten path in militaria, sudenly no one is interested any more...
                        JL

Comment

Thanks JL and you're right. The direction its all going scares the hell out of me.

Comment

Very unique!

The style of lettering on the FJR3 test pattern is EXACTLY the same style of lettering on my NCO FJR1 cufftitle.
                            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Hi Eric, don't loose heart. I think the item is a great peice and one that I would certainly have bought. Interesting to see the wide variety of insignia made in one factory. I know it never happened, but I think that it would have been nice if some of it was actully produced in those colours, almost like a "subduded" version. I have never seen a FJ Regt3 title.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X