Is this thing any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this thing any good?

My dad picked this up about 20 years ago with some other stuff. I know originals were made of porcelain, but not sure if they are made in metal as well. Not my thing.

Is this real or junk? It certainly looks old and well made.

Thanks

EQ
    Attached Files

Good question Eric. The market is flooded with recent fakes. Not saying your dad's is one of them though. The porcelain ones are pretty rare.

I must admit though, I would expect to see sharper details on a metal one that was era made.
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Thanks Willi. I really have no idea. It has a feel that could go either way. I don't even know if original were produced in metal (bronze/brass/alloy).

I don't want to sell it as original if its not. Although it looks "old", if I had to choose, I would say

But, I am hoping someone who collects this type of thing will chime in.

Thanks again

Comment

Is this copied from a original design ?

It's hard to believe,with all the dots between the words and split-up KR ETA 'n stuff..
        I personally don't know these,but if it was made after a original I think it's a bad German design..,I'm used to see better designs.
        Another thing..,the bronze isn't that smooth either..
        I'm curious..,with all respect I don't like it.

Jos.

Comment

You would think they would have gotten the helmet right.
          Don
          pseudo-expert

Comment

The design, letter placement, muted features, etc. is exact to the (accepted) original version(s) in porcelain. My gut tells me though that this is not an original piece.

Does anyone know for sure?

Comment

Have seen these for years and >always< wondered why the Helmet is so wrong and even the position the jumper is in....

Erich

Comment

Hi Eric,

Can you take a closeup view of the medal? it looks like there are casting bubbles in it and if so
                then it is a post war reproduction for sure.

Gary

Originally posted by Eric Queen
                The design, letter placement, muted features, etc. is exact to the (accepted) original version(s) in porcelain. My gut tells me though that this is not an original piece.

Does anyone know for sure?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X