Warning !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning !!!

Hi, everyone ! I want to tell you about my buying FJ helmet on E-bay .
    item nr 6533447831 , helmet was sold for $4451 , I was not winner and 1 day after end of auction I received a letter from e-bay about a Second chance offer , I answered to this and said YES to buy this helmet.
    After this I received a new message . He called Stive -owner of helmet and wrote to me about rules of buyng . " You can buy helmet for $ 4500 " - he said me in that letter . I was be ready to buy , but something seems was wrong to me...... may be because He asked transfering money by Western union , may be something else - I dont know , but I decided to check this man more ........
    I send message to winner of item and asked him why he dont buying the helmet
    Wow !!!!!
    Winner said to me next-
    " Hello, Don't pay anyone!!. Someone is trying to rip you off! (SCAM!). Helmet
    is sold to me.
    You should report it to The proper Authorities.
    Sincerely,"

Finnaly I find Real seller and he said to me - " I dont know who can doing this !!!! "
    This is information about man who tryed do this , it is from e-bay -
    • The following item(s) are protected in this eBay transaction:
    Item name: Original WWII German Paratrooper HelmetItem price:US $4,500.00 / Amount insuredShipping price:Ready to ship / The Item price includes shipping and insurance fees.Payment:Pending Seller's verified payment address:Steve Bonn
    34 Marmora Road
    London SE22 0RX

his email adress - Steve&Alexia B cromat77
    <CROMAT77YAHOO.COM>
    <CROMAT77@YAHOO.COM>
    After E-bay messages I reseived the letters about helmet from that adress .
    Sorry for my bad english , but I think you can understand me.
    Be careful !!!! He can try this again with somebody else !!!
    Last edited by Sergey K.; 06-07-2005, 03:52 PM.
    Looking for FJR2 combat pics in Russia.

Hi I got the same message.Didnt pay.

Comment

This is the latest form of eBay scam - do not reply to these - oftentimes, the emailer/"seller" user name or email address is completely different from the person selling on eBay, so they are easy to spot.

Don

Comment

Hi....I received this kind of message too..... f...k to e-bay and alleluja to Wehrmacht Awards.....

Alessio from Italy

Comment

Always ask for more photos

Another thing to check also is whether the first seller can provide specific photos You ask for, before end of auction.

Recently in Germany there was a criminal seller who took photos of authentic helmets from dealer's websites and put them on sale when he didn't have them. 3 of his identities were removed from ebay but I think he will be back.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X