Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kreta Mug -

Hello,

i think, everyone knows the famous Kreta victory mugs. I always knew, that there were difference in the inspriction on these mugs. (Kreta, Kreta 1941, Den Siegern von Kreta and maybe more). But i was stunned, as i got these mug recently, which is also von 1941, with a identical reverse, but donated as a christmas gift(?) for technical personal at Flugzeugführerschule Burg. (Which is in fact near to Stendal).

My question: Is this simply a use of left over stocks or are other known designs out there?

Regards

Heinrich

Last edited by heinrich66; 05-28-2005, 01:40 AM.

Hello,

nearly 100 views and 2 days and no comment, i guess if posted some questions about an EK 2 i would get a lot of input......

Comment

Hello Heinrich,

I think some visible pics will be helpful. Here are mine for your comparison.....

Regards,
      Joseph

Comment

Hello Joseph,

thanks for posting your mugs- awesome. I'm trying to post some pics during the next week, showing the varius inscriptions.

Comment

Heinrich, I suspect that mugs could be ordered off the local enconomy by anyone wanting such an item to present. So, it is likely that there are numerous styles that can be found. The Kreta mugs are just one that many of us here are familiar with. The back scene on yours is not the same as on the Kreta mugs.

It appears that Joseph is trying to corner the market on the Kreta mugs....
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X