FJR1 Sleeveband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FJR1 Sleeveband

Has anyone ever seen a band like this before ( this style lettering )? I never have. The lettering is not like any fake or original I have ever seen.

This came directly from the daughter of a para vet ( along with all this other stuff )

The band shows natural wear, and you can see where it was sewn to something at one stage.

We have brought up bands before. Its an interesting question. The officially contracted ones are easly to tell (if they are good). But what about all those made by small local tailors. What do you compare those against? I don't think anyone knows ( or will ever know ).

Either this piece is good, or its something he got at a treffen or something ( but what would he have sewn it to? )

Just wondering if anyone has seen anything like it.

Thanks

EQ
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Eric Queen; 05-25-2005, 09:30 PM.

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

ends
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Eric,
        What a puzzle..! To answer straight to your question, Never seen a perfect matching one, original or not.

After that, concentrating only on what I see, not enough to feel sure to give affordable opinions, would like anyway to point out the "J" style, as you surely have already noticed, which all of us remember as typical of a peculiar "family" of fake bands: one of the main point at "first look" inspection to say they were copies was in fact the "J" style...I always thought it was a style inspired by pure fantasy, no documented source to refer to.
        How funny would it be, if this is should be an original one, privately tailored or not, to discover that those batch of fake bands took instead inspiriation from an existing wartime band...

From (very small) collector (me ) to collector, you know much much better than me the quality of repros, and will be hard to say that's a 100% an original band thinking "positive", which means that it has the charachteristics of another known original, but I agree with you that a good start is to exclude it has characteristics of well known repros.
        Anyway, In my opinion in the end what will make the difference to you will be your source.

As you say overseas, just my 2 cents...!
        Hope I could be clear in my rough english.
        Ciao
        Daniele

Originally posted by Eric Queen
        ends

Comment

Hello,
          it is possible that this is a post-war cuff title used by members of a FJR1-Kameradschaft.
          Unlike many wartime badges, the cuff titles don't show a swastika or other symbol illegal in Germany, so the veterans could sew them on the sleeves of their blazers.
          The inofficial "uniform" of the Old Eagles consists of a white or light blue dress shirt, dark blue blazer, light grey dress trousers and a tie.
          Many wear cuff titles and other earned decorations with it.

best regards,
          Volker

Comment

Thanks Daniele and Volker for the comments.

I agree (as I said in my original post) that an early Treffen acquision is really the most plausable answer. I just thought the band was interesting in that the lettering differs from those ( fakes ) usually seen.

What Volker mentioned about them ( the vets ) wearing this stuff on blazers makes sence. Its something I have seen photos of, but never witnessed it myself at the Treffen's I attended.

This man ( the vet ) lived until 2002 and was involved in the Kameradschaft, so I believe that really is the best, most likely answer.

EQ

Comment

Hi guys.What do you think about this one ?
              Attached Files

Comment

Martin,

Your band has all the characteristics of bands accepted by the community to be fake. Most all examples of older (fake) bands I have seen, have been like this one. You see how the lettering differs (especially the F) from the Treffen piece that I posted. That's why I thought it would be interesting to post.

I think there is a huge question mark out there in regards to non textbook bands, that will never be answered. Because of this, my recommendation would be to stick with only those bands which share characteristics with textbook originals.

EQ

Comment

Hello,

here's a similar one from FJ Rgt 9- i guess it is a Treffen cuff title.

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...181938494&rd=1

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X