Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"As Far As My Feet Will Carry Me"

Giday everyone,

Yesterday I was very fortunate to pick up a copy of the book, "As Far As My Feet Will Carry Me".

Have any of you read this book?

For those who don't know, the book tells the incredible true account of a German paratrooper, alias Clemens Forell, who was captured by the Soviets and, at the end of the war, was sentanced to twenty-five years hard labour in Siberia. However Forell manages to escape. Sometimes walking, sometimes travelling by train, Forell, after almost three and a half years, manages to make it back to Germany.

The author claims that Forell after having jumped over Rotterdam, Eben Emael and Crete, was put in charge of a company that was dropped behind the Urels inside the Russian lines. They blew up a number of bridges and depots before they were encircled by a Russian Cossack unit and annihilated.

Clearly it would not be possible for a German paratrooper to have jumped over Rotterdam and to have participated in the assault against the fortress of Eben Emael.

Who can tell me what parts of the book are fact and which are fiction?

Does anyone know what Clemen Forell's real name was?

All the best,

Ian

Hello
    Original Title is: "Soweit die Fuesse tragen"
    There is also a movie that was shot in the 50ties with the actor Rudi Weiss.The whole film was recreated in 2001 for tv, more darker than the old one but not really more realistic.Both movies start at he is getting a pow and he is a member of the wh not fallschirmjaeger.I like both a lot
    I have the 2001 version on DVD !pm?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X