Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m38 d/decal para

Hello all,
    can anybody give me an approx price of a M38 Double Decal with 98% decals remaining and 99% paint complete liner ??
    Cheers Jack

Originally posted by Jack
    Hello all,
    can anybody give me an approx price of a M38 Double Decal with 98% decals remaining and 99% paint complete liner ??
    Cheers Jack
    Hi Jack,
    I think the price varies around the world. Recent DDs have ranged from $12,000 to a record-breaking $25,000 (!!) in the US. In the UK they still fetch around £3,500 - £5,000 . I am not too sure about Europe, but I think a very nice one fetched about 12,000 euros a year ago. Of course this assumes we are discussing original DDs with early paint, good decals and early liners. There are so few around that there cannot be a standard price. I would like to hear some other views.
    Can we see photos ?

Regards,
    Steve

Comment

Hi Jack,

You going to buy/trade for M's helmet? No example that I know of is finer!
      Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Glen's maybe

Comment

Originally posted by Perry Floyd
          Glen's maybe

No, it's not mine. Can we see the pictures Jack??

Glenn
          "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Glenn,

I believe Perry was paying you a compliment and was saying that yours is finer.

Cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by darryl-P
              Glenn,

Cheers,
              I agree.
              And it is M's.
              And I doubt any photos will be forthcoming until the deal is completed.
              Counting ones eggs before they hatch so to speak.........
              Esse Quam Videri

Comment

M...M....mmmm.....John, is this the one we were discussing last night?

Yes, Glenn's is a screamer. I think my name is under that liner somewhere.
                Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

M's.......G's........Z's......all very well, but what about a price guide !

Regards,
                  Steve

Comment

Originally posted by darryl-P
                    Glenn,

Cheers,
                    Correct, but the one in discussion is very nice

Comment

Not to sound testy or anything, but Steve's correct -- what about some suggested price ranges? He's been the only one to offer an actual reply to Jack's original question.

Otherwise, I'm afraid this thread will degrade into nothing more than a mutual admiration society, where members complement each other on their (unseen to the rest of us) helmets, with cryptic messages about who's selling to whom; which leaves the rest of us feeling a bit on the outside of it all.

I for one would like to hear some opinions about how much an M-38 DD in excellent condition should cost.

Anyone care to answer Jack's question?

(By the way, I don't want to suggest that we never pay each other a complement as to what we have in our collections. That's a wonderful thing to do and I wouldn't want to spoil anyone's pleasure in giving or receiving praise. I just felt that this thread was getting a bit too trite -- like giggly schoolgirls whispering about their latest crushes and who's going to go out on a date this Friday!)

Please take this post as a gentle push back onto the topic.

-- Kenny

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny Suit
                        with cryptic messages about who's selling to whom; which leaves the rest of us feeling a bit on the outside of it all.

I for one would like to hear some opinions about how much an M-38 DD in excellent condition should cost.

Anyone care to answer Jack's question?

-- Kenny
                        First of all, there is an attempt for a "deal" on a superb DD jump helmet. Jack is involved, the reason for his question, which has been answered by email. It should be obvious to ALL that open discussion of pricing could affect the deal, thus harming Jack or the other party. That we will not indulge here. It should be also obvious that naming the other party, not indending to be "cryptic" here, could open the door for multiple other third parties to get involved and also harm the deal.

As for the value of a near mint DD, the answer is always, what someone is willing to pay. Prices are in constant flux, there is no easy answer. The price for this helmet far exceeds what Steve paid for his. Is this helmet over priced? Only if no one buys it.

I watched a hooked jump helmet cover sell at the MAX for a price far above what I would pay. The buyer had been seeking one for years and had to have this one. I understand his feeling and have done the same with rare Fj insignia. Does this mean that the price for all hooked helmet covers is what my friend paid. No! Perhaps no one else in the world would want one that badly, and the next one may not sell or would have to sell for less. No easy answer; this should be common sense.
                        Esse Quam Videri

Comment

The problem with quoting prices is that there are numerous variables in play. Just for a M38 DD we could make quite some list.....correct liner, replaced liner, on and on.

Though not a helmet, I walked up to a guy at a show who had a very common Luft buckle with no tab.....usually worth aboput $60. He wanted $200 because he read a price guide that is was an uncommon maker. He wouldn't listen to any logic.

John is right on a number of factors. I saw a M38 DD with an asking price of $25k. Because ONE person MAY have paid that.......we will never know for sure, because all kinds of disinformation are common in this hobby...that doesn't mean the next guy will pay half that amount.

IMO, listing values really helps no one.
                          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Hi Kenny,

I don't think we are going to get an answer
                            As I said at the end of my first piece, there cannot be a standard price for one of these.....it can only be how much the seller wants at the time.

Best wishes,
                            Steve

P.S . If anyone wants mine it is £250,000 + postage

Comment

He Steve, need some boots?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X