No announcement yet.

SS Fallschirmjäger Photo Album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great photos Mike, such an important historical event to preserve. Especially like seeing Känitz with his Leica, wonder what happened to all his images.
    Esse Quam Videri

Comment

That's a nice and rare album, this kind of pictures are hard to find, thank you for sharing it with us! And congrats mate

Comment

Wonderful historical pictures thanks for sharing.

Rene Chavez
        www.foreignvolunteerlegion.com

Comment

Thanks Mike. Yes that one of Kunzmann, (with helmet net/MP40) is an excellent one, and is the one that springs to mind when I think of this audacious raid.

Comment

SS FJ photos are cool......
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

wowEric your right SSFG pics are COOOOOOOOL

Comment

Ssfj

Thanks for posting the Great Pictures Eric! None Better! Sincerely, DJB

Comment

Fantastic pictures Eric!

Comment

outstanding, not just cool but super rare!

Comment

Looks like another candidate photo showing the SS Fallschirmjager cufftitle in wartime use. I don't think this one can be dismissed as photo-shopped, and I appreciate you posting it.

s/f Robert

Comment

Rare photo, but not a secret one. I think it was first published in 1998 in Gordan Williamson's "Cuffband" book, and attributed to GP. Discussed many times. Portrait photos often show the wear of authorized items, like his EKII pinned above his pocket.
                            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Hi,

Robert, this picture was posted on the WAF dozen of times over the years, and was used by Ulric Woodhams to "promote" the (imo fake) Groch hoard story in his book.

Many other studio pictures showing unofficial homemade SS cufftitles exist, especially for the "Hitlerjugend" division.

And by the way the (imo fake) Groch "Fallschirmjäger" cufftitle model is not similar to the one presented in the studio picture of Eric.

We can also notice one of the variations of the German-Finnish Cross 1941-43 on the tunic of the soldier.

On the left, the highly recommended "German Military Cuffbands 1784-Present" book of Gordon Williamnson & Thomas McGuirl (Bender Publishing, 1998, page 269).

On the right, the also recommended "Collecting Third Reich SS & Political Cuffbands - Volume 2" book of Ulric Woodhams (Ulric Publishing, 2003, page 15).

And to conclude, i'm posting another period studio picture showing a different model of the "Fallschirmjäger" cufftitle presented in the picture of Eric.

(This one was already presented here : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=943953 )

See You

Vince
                              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Vince, and Willi as well. I had not been paying attention and missed these, and appreciate you providing references. My entire reference library is at the bottom of a household goods shipment where it's been for six years.

Very rare cufftitle - I know I've never seen a real one or know anyone who does (maybe Dellich?). It is nice to know we have period photos of this rare beast.

s/f Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X