Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FJ liner

Hello Guys.

Opinions on this liner? original to the helmet?
    Attached Files

liner

Looks good to me. A very nice one. Original to the helmet ? what to tell ? Steel frame but not RBNr so could be or not, both possible .

Comment

It is likely to be original to the helmet, as that bolt and liner configuration are the norm for many late helmets.

Hard to tell if the liner was removed; perhaps to clean the helmet. There are two areas on the front of the liner band where it looks like it might have been removed. And the bolts have some very slight damage from a screwdriver, etc.

Difficult to know for sure as the nuts are not visible. So, that might be the worst case scenario. It is a nice helmet.
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
        It is likely to be original to the helmet, as that bolt and liner configuration are the norm for many late helmets.

Hard to tell if the liner was removed; perhaps to clean the helmet. There are two areas on the front of the liner band where it looks like it might have been removed. And the bolts have some very slight damage from a screwdriver, etc.

Difficult to know for sure as the nuts are not visible. So, that might be the worst case scenario. It is a nice helmet.

Hi Willi,

I even think it's a nice helmet for a beginner like me. All opinions are welcome. Does the helmet look clean?

Comment

I see no solid evidence of cleaning. Whenever I comment on items, especially helmets, I give all the pros and cons. That doesn't mean I don't like the item. I just think a person needs to know everything about an item before purchasing it. And decide for themselves

My first mint helmet was just like this one. Bought it at the 1993 Max Show in Baltimore .
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
            I see no solid evidence of cleaning. Whenever I comment on items, especially helmets, I give all the pros and cons. That doesn't mean I don't like the item. I just think a person needs to know everything about an item before purchasing it. And decide for themselves

My first mint helmet was just like this one. Bought it at the 1993 Max Show in Baltimore .

As I said, I appreciate all opinions, Willi Do you still have the helmet you describe?

Comment

Very nice late example

Comment

Agree, nice helmet
                Only 27 years more and you'll get similar collection like Willi has
                Looking for FJR2 combat pics in Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by Sergey K. View Post
                  Agree, nice helmet
                  Only 27 years more and you'll get similar collection like Willi has
                  Hehe i dont think so. I have a wife...

Comment

Originally posted by Aarhus192 View Post
                    Hehe i dont think so. I have a wife...

I'll tell you secret ! Willi also has wife
                    Looking for FJR2 combat pics in Russia.

Comment

my wife is my accomplice when buying

Comment

Thank you everbody for the help. I have decide to buy this beauty helmet, and look forward to get it in my new FJ collection

Comment

If I remember well then this helmet was discussed here in past and was sold to another member through the Estand.

Btw: i think this helmet was also bought in past from known collector Ken N.

Comment

Yes, very nice helmet

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X