Telo mimetico Knochesack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telo mimetico Knochesack?

I am not sure if this photo was not discussed here earlier (couldn`t find it with forums browser).
    The FJ in the middle clearly wears something in M29 camo pattern. Could it be knochensack or is it rather tightly worn zeltbahn? It was dated 1945 in Italy but no other info.
    Attached Files

I recall Willi posted that pic up a while back, and it was discussed, yes it looks like a smock of Italian camo...

Comment

I'd love to see their pile of helmets...must be just out of shot ...

Comment

Originally posted by eubank View Post
        I recall Willi posted that pic up a while back, and it was discussed, yes it looks like a smock of Italian camo...
        Thanks for the info. It would be really great if someone could post the link to that thread.

Comment

Interesting pic .

and the last guy at the right , what kind of smock is he wearing ?
          it is impossible but you could mean a dot one ...

Comment

Or is it simply a SS poncho ?

Comment

Originally posted by clint-magnum View Post
              Or is it simply a SS poncho ?
              Its a regular jump smock - bad quality of the foto makes it look SS camoed.

Comment

I do find pictures of FJ POWS fascinating, I found this pic in an old 2006 thread, said to be from Yank Mag, july 7 1944.... same group....
                Attached Files

Comment

Does it look like these POWs are half and half of them wearing ankle boots and jump boots ?

Comment

Originally posted by eubank View Post
                    I do find pictures of FJ POWS fascinating, I found this pic in an old 2006 thread, said to be from Yank Mag, july 7 1944.... same group....
                    You`re right! Looks like the second one from left in this photo also has some kind of Telo mimetico garment. He was covered in the first photo.

Comment

Yes, with vents under the arms
                      Any thoughts on the types of boots the prisoners are wearing, or image just too poor quality to say ?

Comment

I used LW Tarnjacke (copy of course) during reeanactment events a few times and I can image how easy it is to tear the material around the vents under the arms so this doesn`t surprise me at all.

You are possibly right about the boots - I think it would be hard to put tropical trousers over jump boots this way, so most likely they wear regular Schnurschuhe.

Comment

Originally posted by kiler View Post
                          I
                          The FJ in the middle clearly wears something in M29 camo pattern. Could it be knochensack or is it rather tightly worn zeltbahn? It was dated 1945 in Italy but no other info.
                          Have to respectfully disagree, it is certainly not the M29 pattern. It could well be Italian Camo., but almost appears to be hand painted, very unusual.
                          Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Originally posted by John Hodgin View Post
                            Have to respectfully disagree, it is certainly not the M29 pattern. It could well be Italian Camo., but almost appears to be hand painted, very unusual.
                            What do you mean John? The pattern on this garment seems to resemble M29 Telo mimetico pattern quite well, at least the part that is visible.

Regards,
                            Przemek
                            Attached Files

Comment

Is possible that is an Italian jump smock.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X