griffinmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quarantine thread, show some random stuff!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eubank View Post
    Is this Ardennes via Tupelo M38 a "flared / thick rim" helmet too ? Nice alu bolts also !
    This is turning into one of the best threads on this Forum.

The snow camo is a flared rim helmet A. And with mixed aluminum bolts, two solid and two vented.
    Attached Files
    Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Elvis, honey ... and now a flared rim White camo m38 - let's hear it for Tupelo , Mississippi !

Comment

Gustav commented regarding Rob's great idea to start this thread, and John stated it was the best threads on the forum. I agree with both. When I posted this photo just over 2 weeks ago I stated "we should enjoy what we have"..aka..."take the time to smell the roses". It was the first time in over 15 years that I put the cover on a helmet, and I placed the others with it on top of the RZ36 to admire. I thought I have a bunch of mannequins sitting in the basement that I bought cheaply in an auction, so this is the perfect time to set one up. Pain in the butt to get a step-in smock over the legs and over a pair of jump trousers at the same time, in order to attach it to the upper body. But in the end it was certainly worth it.

So, nice to see so many to post great things and great displays. The FJ collecting community, IMO, is a very unique collecting community. It is so much more than just having a tunic, or dagger, or medal, or even a helmet to display.

Let's see some more!
        Attached Files
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

I am not in the same league as the esteemed members who have posted up some magnificent items so far, but I can add a reasonably nice M38 tan cammo that was once a part of the Ramcke Brigade in north Africa.

This one was picked up by an Australian soldier in the El Alamein positions once the brigade had retreated and left a lot of their kit behind.....

Best wishes

Bob
          Attached Files

Comment

My small contribution to this thread.
            Attached Files

Comment

another contribution [emoji6]

Inviato dal mio SM-G955F utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice everyone. Even just a handful of pieces are well worth seeing ...and particularly with the right photography ( as Gustav alluded to) can make them look so much more than just the sum of their parts. Great to see inside the collections

Comment

Amazing stuff

Comment

Hi guys. Very good idea with this thread and superb stuff here! I like it very much.

Here something from my collection ;-)

Jiri

648C2B9C-0267-4937-89BF-B98A28455A8E.jpg

1BB6147E-5636-4D05-B1C8-D923DC93BA51.jpg

9488FA04-8254-413D-98D6-C4501FF700C5.jpeg

Comment

I did some better quality pictures of some stuff presented previously.

The fieldmade cap comes from nothern Brittany, in the sector of Dinard, and was found with this belt and belt buckle dated 1941. This sector saw a lot of fights around 1944 between Us forces and 5.FJD.

The sun hat is a quite unique example of Sturm regiment item out of the Crete campaign.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Julfrenchie; 04-16-2020, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Nice items Jiri and Julien!
                        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Thanks for the kind words guys!!

The items I see displayed here are just fabulous and amazing.
                          To be honest, in the last year my FJ collecting came to a screeching halt, but when seeing these items I can feel the fire getting lit again

Comment

Love this thread, gents ! So many cool home displays and items with stories.
                            Willi is right, FJ community is something special , I'd say researchers community.

Rob, don't be a stranger, we need you
                            I'll add here matching late war camo set which already been showed some time ago
                            Attached Files
                            Looking for FJR2 combat pics in Russia.

Comment

Very nice Sergey!

Was just thinking about you, as today we have snow flurries here....
                              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Great items, pic & composition Sergey, love the red/brown camo on the helmet, and that Ristow smock of course

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X