Picture of FJ Graves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willi Zahn
    I too have a copy of the gravesite photo. I bought it on ebay a few years ago.

Mike, I think you are referring to Heer Brandenburg units. I do not think FJs were involved until 7th Flieger Division went to Russia.
    Willi,

Yes, that is the context I was refering. The reference I have states that paratroops assisted these Brandenburger units in the capture of the mentioned bridges. It does not mention any specific unit or where these units were pulled from nor does it suggest this was a drop. It is soley in the context of fighting as ground troops. Most recorded history shows 7th FD going to Russia as a unit, order of battle type thing after being rebuilt from it's misfortunes earlier in 41. Maybe the focus needs to be smaller than that?

Based on this reference it seems possible that certain, experienced elements in small number were pulled to use in this role... an almost "Green Beret" type operation in modern context. This is conjecture on my part of course.

However being a student of the Ostfront primarily, I would probably bet my next paycheck that the grave site is in Russia. If we are to accept that, how else is it that three bonesackers ended up dead and burried together in Russia? If this involvement did happen and was small enough in scope,its absolute detail might very well have side stepped recorded unit history.

Comment

Mike,

I dug out some of my German references and indeed Fallschirmjaegers assisted a regiment of Brandenburgers and in fact jumped from two JU52's on 25 Jun around 1500 hrs. A Ltn. Lex was the leader of the Stosstrupp and it mentions that four FJ's died, 16 were wounded with 14 not wounded after heavy fighting. They held the Bridge for 24 hours and were relieved by a Panzer force.
      I'm going to do a search via the Volksbund in Kassel and see what I can come up with as far as a location on Ltn Lütke. - Bill
      Last edited by W Petz; 05-12-2005, 09:48 PM.

Comment

I tried to access but it doesn't allow me to do a search. Can someone do a search for Ltn. Lütke on the Grabsuche online - Bill

Comment

Hi Bill,
          here are all Lütke´s from the Volksbund site. But he isnt among them. I tried all similar names, sometimes they wrote an Ü and in real it is a U. There was one Leutnant Lutke, but the name was the only thing the Volksbund had listed. Oh, well he died in France.

I have tried to make scans of the grave Cross, maybe someone can read the name better than me. There seems to be another inscription in the arm of the cross, but i couldnt read it.

Here you go.

At first the list of all Lütkes....
          Attached Files

Comment

inscription......???
            Attached Files

Comment

name...
              Attached Files

Comment

Hmmmm not listed as KIA. The other name looks like Heinz Fuerherd or Feurhard - Bill

Comment

Hi Bill, iam surprised you can read somthing. I played a little bit with the focus and it could also be a Max Reichert or maybe Heinz Reichert.

We will probably never know.

Thanks Jens

Comment

List

Originally posted by zbv500
                    At first the list of all Lütkes....
                    This list must not be complete... are you showing all that are listed or just part of the list. This list only makes it up to the letter "E". There are many common names that go further into the alphabet. Maybe there is an accidental ommission in your reference?

Mike

Comment

Hi,

One photo...

"Der Friedhof in Demidow, auf dem Fallschirmjäger ruhen, ist von den Sowjes eingeebnet - wie alle deutschen Soldatengräber in der Sowjetunion".

"The cemetery in Demidow, on which paratroopers rest, is gradened of the Sowjes - like all German soldatengraeber in the Soviet Union".

Regards,

Ricardo.

Comment

Hi,

Notice the name of the soldier in the tomb....

Regards,

Ricardo.

Comment

Hi,

Leutnant Graf von Blücher tomb (The Blücher Brothers)....2.Kp. I/FschJp. Rgt. 1 (May 1941 - Kreta)

Regards,

Ricardo.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X