Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rudolf Mirowski glider pilot estate

Hi guys,

Following the last thread about Eben Emael, i sorted out some pictures from my collection go get your advice about them. They came from Rudolf Mirowski glider pilot estate. I can't figure out where they could have been taken... Training? Operation?

Let me know your opinion. That's probably Holland or Belgium by looking carefully at the graves.

Hope you will enjoy these pictures.
    Attached Files

Hello Julien,

I have a large grouping of photos from this glider pilot but I have his name spelled as Mirowsky. I know I posted them on WAF but cannot find the thread so I might have to post the photos all over again. It has been quite a few years ago but I believe the crashed Glider in the cemetery was in Germany...the pic I have shows what looks like Barracks in the background.

#1 Crashed Glider

Originally posted by Julfrenchie View Post
    Hi guys,

Following the last thread about Eben Emael, i sorted out some pictures from my collection go get your advice about them. They came from Rudolf Mirowski glider pilot estate. I can't figure out where they could have been taken... Training? Operation?

Let me know your opinion. That's probably Holland or Belgium by looking carefully at the graves.

Hope you will enjoy these pictures.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by W Petz; 03-17-2020, 03:27 AM.

Comment

#2 Unteroffizier Mirowsky
      Attached Files

Comment

#3 Uffz. Mirowsky in a DFS-230
        Attached Files

Comment

That's great mate, i probably made a mistake on the name sorry.

Your pictures are great and you are right, according to your DFS230 picture, probably a training which ended up as a crash! Looks to be a military camp in the background, nice to see a wider point of view.

Great pictures of himself, especially the one where we can see the mg34 side mount !!
          Last edited by Julfrenchie; 03-17-2020, 03:45 AM.

Comment

Julien...Thanks and No problem! No doubt that it was a training flight. I have a lot more pictures of him, training., gliders and packing a parachute. I will probably start a new thread and post the photos. Glad I was able to answer you question about training and location.

Originally posted by Julfrenchie View Post
            That's great mate, i probably made a mistake on the name sorry.

Your pictures are great and you are right, according to your DFS230 picture, probably a training which ended up as a crash! Looks to be a military camp in the background, nice to see a wider point of view.

Great pictures of himself, especially the one where we can see the mg34 side mount !!

Comment

Thank you! It's a very good idea, as a reference to this well known glider pilot, a thread about all materials we've got could be usefull..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X