M38 chinstraps coloring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M38 chinstraps coloring

I know this has been discussed in the past. My question is this. The earlier chinstraps seem to be brown or leather colored while the mid to later versions have the blue outer coloring on the chinstraps. When did the blue colored versions become predominant over the earlier brown ones? What year? Was it after operation merkur?

Interesting question/

All earliest 1 model chinstrap I've seen only blue.. small number among 2model were brown. And only the one brown I have at the moment has filigree pattern snap .

I think this brown color of chinstrap could be used by same maker only but not sure of course.
    Looking for FJR2 combat pics in Russia.

Comment

Both were used and no pattern (regarding exactly when, why, or how many) can be established.
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

I have seen a brown strap, but never owned one. Can someone post a good example (including snaps and buckle ) of a brown one ?

Comment

here is it, Steve
          Attached Files
          Looking for FJR2 combat pics in Russia.

Comment

Thank you .
            ( for the files !)

Comment

That is a really nice looking liner and strap on that helmet. I guess there are not very many colored photos of the operation merkur in crete but I thought most of the photos Ive seen appear to show brown helmet straps on m37 and m38 lids. Maybe I just assumed this and have been mistaken. I thought I would ask this question because there is so much knowledge here on this forum.

Comment

Nice condition that, Sergey

Comment

And sometimes the leathers were mixed on the same straps.
                  Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X