• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you restore it...?

Hi Guys

Would You restore such beauty or not?
    Attached Files

No way.....leave it alone.....historycal relic item....!

Comment

Anyways, there is no way to restore it. How could you do ? I'll leave it as a piece of history.

Comment

Leave it as it is, you'll never get it better.
        Looking for FJR2 combat pics in Russia.

Comment

No way to well restore it, keep it as it is, as a true relic of history !

Comment

Where was it found ?

Comment

Normaly i love restore a FJ shell but not this one. Would look around for an other one to restore.

https://imgur.com/MmazF1H

Comment

Somewhere in north Poland i believe. Trying to buy it at the momment

Comment

It is what it is, it is all it can ever be.

Comment

Quick answer.......NO.

Comment

Restore to what , the ground?

Comment

Keep it as is....you most likely will cause further damage as it appears to be very thin and weak in many areas.

Comment

Agree with the others. Restoration should be undertaken to correct minor defects that detract from an items appearance or thwart further degradation. This would literally be a major refabrication. What you'd have is basically a skeleton that has had plastic surgery - and I mean that in the truest sense that the material used to "restore" the shell wouldn't even be metal - probably more like "Bondo" fiberglass filler.

I would stabilize the metal rot/rust and record if you know it where the shell was unearthed. At least then you can give it an appropriate historical context.

Good luck with your decision.

vr

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Waffenreich View Post
                            Agree with the others. Restoration should be undertaken to correct minor defects that detract from an items appearance or thwart further degradation. This would literally be a major refabrication. What you'd have is basically a skeleton that has had plastic surgery - and I mean that in the truest sense that the material used to "restore" the shell wouldn't even be metal - probably more like "Bondo" fiberglass filler.

I would stabilize the metal rot/rust and record if you know it where the shell was unearthed. At least then you can give it an appropriate historical context.

Good luck with your decision.

vr

Bob
                            i agree with you Bob it is what it is

Comment

Originally posted by Fsoq View Post
                              Anyways, there is no way to restore it. How could you do ? I'll leave it as a piece of history.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X