• Show
Clear All

Para helmet

Hi,

What are your opinions about this one?

Thanks

Martin
    Attached Files

all components original and camo period in my opinion. Sad about missed chinstrap.
    Looking for FJR2 combat pics in Russia.

Comment

Like Sergey, it looks legit to me interesting camo

Comment

thanks guys for your opnions.

heres another one from the 'camo'

martin
        Attached Files

Comment

A very curious colour ( camo?) scheme, could well be post war...nice helmet apart from that. Would be interesting to see what it fetches next week.

Comment

Can't say this one does anything for me. No rim area wear at all. Just seems strange, as such a color is worse than its normal color in terms of camouflage. Like a neon sign.
            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Looks similar to KM Ship Gray to me. FJ helmets were worn by some manned torpedo pilots and perhaps other KM combat small unit personnel. If this one was so Used it seems unusual but not impossible that the LW Eagle would have been painted around and preserved.

Comment

I feel the camo paint has been applied postwar, I can't guess why as it's not convincing camo scheme and no fake wear has been added to the helmet.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim R. B. View Post
                  I feel the camo paint has been applied postwar, I can't guess why as it's not convincing camo scheme and no fake wear has been added to the helmet.
                  Could be but unlikely. Who would paint an original para helmet...

Comment

Plenty of original FJ helmets have been painted over, during the decades before there were fake FJ helmets. Back when an original FJ cost $500, camos were selling for $1500-2500.

Trying to figure out why someone did something is the wrong way to authenticate something.
                    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Yes who knows why, may simply have been done decades ago by the veteran who brought it back so it looked nicer on his shelf.

Comment

Originally posted by mdj View Post
                        Could be but unlikely. Who would paint an original para helmet...
                        Even if the paint is period applied (which, if I had to bet, I would bet that it is not), in my eyes, it is.....ugly. The paint color is really unattractive from a camo point of view. If you are considering buying it, personally I would wait for another more worthwhile example. I dont intend to be rude in my response, but the look of it just doesnt do it for me on many levels.
                        When you go home
                        Tell them for us and say
                        For your tomorrow
                        We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
                        Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

Not a Camo I would be comfortable owning. It is on auction at Bosleys for those interested.

Comment

Sold for $1800 USD

....+20% auction fee, +VAT, +shipping

Comment

Originally posted by phild View Post
                              Looks similar to KM Ship Gray to me. FJ helmets were worn by some manned torpedo pilots and perhaps other KM combat small unit personnel. If this one was so Used it seems unusual but not impossible that the LW Eagle would have been painted around and preserved.
                              I agree with this possibility. Mark Felton Productions on YouTube posted several scenes of these guys in one video. Would be interesting to see if anyone can extract if the helmets were painted or not.

Jordan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X