Some help on ID a fallen Fallschirmjäeger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some help on ID a fallen Fallschirmjäeger

Hello! Would please need some support and help in trying and get more informations on a Fallschirmjäeger KIA. On the back you can read "...bei Maastricht". It came together with other loose photos all clearly removed from the same album, and related to very early months of war, and earliest Fj operations/campaigns. A few are taken at Eben Emael presumably very soon after the battle. I was hoping that maybe would have been possible to know if this paratrooper was one of those involved in the EE or Albert's Canal bridges operation. Many thanks for your help!!!
    I think I can read ALFRED ERDRICH engraved on his Cross, if I am not wrong. May he rest in Peace.
    Attached Files

Hello Daniele!
    it's written

"Grab eines Kameraden"
    it is Erdrich Alfred KIA in 1940, he was in Sturmgruppe Stahl...born in 1919 in Monschau..his parachute failed...
    (from the book of Oscar, thomas and Ian- Silent Attack)

Herlé

Comment

Ciao Herlè! Many thanks!

Originally posted by H BABERT View Post
      Hello Daniele!
      it's written

"Grab eines Kameraden"
      it is Erdrich Alfred KIA in 1940, he was in Sturmgruppe Stahl...born in 1919 in Monschau..his parachute failed...
      (from the book of Oscar, thomas and Ian- Silent Attack)

Herlé

Comment

And the grave on the photo is in Maastricht, a city in the south of the Netherlands....

Grss

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X