Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The PRYM 4H snap is extremely common on original helmets

Comment

I got my information in books and from originals. The PRYM 4H snap can, although rare, still be bought.

Comment

The crash pad should have a cotton layer on both sides. The spongerubber had an open structure and this was covered with cotton.

Comment

Also with the H after the 4? Never encountered these. AS far as my knowlegde goes this was the variant bestwwen the PRYM 4 and the PRYM 4 Original. But I can be wrong ofcourse. Would be nice to know.

Comment

What you need to do here is respect the knowledge of collectors who are some of the most advanced FJ collectors in the world.

You don't know what you are talking about.

There is nothing worse than a new guy who starts challenging folks without knowing the experience level of those you are dealing with.

This helmet is all original, and without any doubts.

A PRYM 4H snap is the most common snap encountered on original helmets. You will never see one on a fake.
            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by The WarDog View Post
              I got my information in books and from originals. The PRYM 4H snap can, although rare, still be bought.
              Don't read these books .
              Would be better if you'll show that original helmet which you studied.
              Looking for FJR2 combat pics in Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by The WarDog View Post
                Well, those books are plain wrong. If you looked at originals that didnt have Prym 4H snaps, that doesn't make Prym 4H snaps fake. That is ridiculous. If anything, you havent seen enough originals to realize that Prym 4H are the most common snaps found on originals.

What snaps have you encountered in your examination of originals?
                When you go home
                Tell them for us and say
                For your tomorrow
                We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
                Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

Walter not knowing good from bad is not a horrible thing. But, challenging instead of listening and learning is.

Many forums and FB pages are clueless. They only see fakes being authenticated as originals. I was on a Kreta FB page for a short time. An older collector from Greece posted 8 or 9 FJ helmets: DD, camos, etc. All were aged $100 fakes. His photo of them got more than 100 . A collector we all know stated "good looking fakes" and everyone laughed at him. This is the way it is in most venues.

I always welcome new young members, but I have an expectation of a more respectful introduction.
                  Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Thx Willi, the only thing I said is that I did not recognize th ethings I saw. It was not a matter of disrespect. If somebody took offence, my excuses.

Gr Robbie

Comment

Seeing so many opinions from you, I learned a lot. I decided to buy this helmet and will come to my hand in the near future.
                      If you need more detailed photos, please don't hesitate to tell me then.
                      Thank you very much.

Yoshiyuki

Comment

Padding rubber

What about padding rubber? Can there anything be said about this? I have two dug up Relic M38, which I found myself. The padding rubber on these relics have a textile surface. This is what I encounter as well on intact helmets. Ofcourse there were different fabrics used, as wartime production is not a very accurate one. I've added a a picture of a complete relic crash padding from I think a reliable dealer.

I tried so upload my own, but this didn't work. Need help on that as well.

I couldn't open a new topic, probably because I'm new?
                        Attached Files

Comment

The pad you shown is original. Period pads have different texture misprints to the surface.

You may start threads , just find and push the button in the left upper corner.
                          Attached Files

Comment

The only thing I see is Reply to Thread. Are my pictures maybe too big if I can't post them?

Originally posted by Sergey K. View Post
                            The pad you shown is original. Period pads have different texture misprints to the surface.

You may start threads , just find and push the button in the left upper corner.

Comment

Originally posted by The WarDog
                              The only thing I see is Reply to Thread. Are my pictures maybe too big if I can't post them?

Yes, some pix can't be uploaded if they are too large , as for NEW THREAD you should go to main page in FJ section but not search the button it in the thread . But if it no button on the main page should ask Willi, perhaps he can explain what is the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Sergey K. View Post
                                Yes, some pix can't be uploaded if they are too large , as for NEW THREAD you should go to main page in FJ section but not search the button it in the thread . But if it no button on the main page should ask Willi, perhaps he can explain what is the problem.
                                Yes, correct. You must go to the main FJ section page to find the "New Thread" button. You can't do it when you are on a thread.
                                Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X