A life cut too soon, a youngster Soldbuch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A life cut too soon, a youngster Soldbuch

Sadly we have here the story of a young man whose life was cut too soon.

Erich Stück was born on September 29th, 1.926 in Viesbaden.
    He is a protestant, single and merchant was his occupation.
    Sure before his enlistment into the Heer he received a visit from nice guys wearing Sig runes in their collars trying to convince him to join the new Waffen SS unit in formation.

He choose the Heer and was inducted on November 26th, 1.943 in Koblenz with the 1./Nach.Ers.Abt. 33 with Soldbuch and dog tag numbered 4326.

He was active with 2./Nach.Abt. 359 part of the 359 I.D.

He must have received some antitank curses as he was transfer to 4./Panzerjäger Kommando 359, surely an ad hoc unit within the 359 I.D.

With this unit he was promoted to Gefreiter on October 15th, 1.944 (confirmed on the 26th) and also received equipment on the 20th of the same month.

His security checks were two:
    - November 26th, 1.943 by Stammkp. Nachr. Ers, Abt. 33 with Str. Nr. 3030/43
    - September 9th, 1.944 by Feldersatz Btl. 359 with Kr. Str. Nr. 293

He was only once in hospital and not for wounds but for Volga Fever (Hay Fever) in Feldlazarett (mot) 150 from December 8th, 1.944 till December 29th, 1.944.

After this he received a leave to visit Viesbaden as Sonderurlaub of 20 days with 2 days fro travel lasting from December 29th, 1.944 till January 21st, 1.945 and it was granted by the Stabsarzt und Chefarzt of the Feldlazarett (mort) 150.

I guess that when he go back to the field he was transfer to Grenadier Regiment 489 part of the 269 I.D.

Serving with this unit he destroyed a Russian tank and was awarded his two decorations, both on February 11th, 1945 and both by Kommando 269 I.D.
    - Iron Cross 2nd class
    - Tank Destruction Badge

Despite being late into the war he was granted a Panzervernichtungsurlaub on the same day lasting 20 days plus travel time starting on February 19th (first was from 12th till March 6th)

He was back into the fight only to be KIA on May 6th, 1.945 at 16h 00’ in Zobten, 30 km southwest of Breslau (now named Sobôtka)

One interesting entry is that he received two different Radom pistols, one of them twice.

Angel
    Attached Files
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Great document

Comment

Poor guy,killed on May 6th. Germany surrendered May 8th.

Comment

finally i saw example without post-war added item like that !
        so i must give you

Comment

Very interesting Soldbuch.... i really like the Vis Radom pistol entry....
          Ciao Oriano

Comment

Just discovered this thread. Thank you for sharing, it is quite interesting for some one with a great interest in the 269. Infanterie-Division.
            He earned his awards whilst defending Festung Breslau together with the 269. Infanterie-Division.
            Interestingly enough it is mentioned in the divisional history that 4 Soviet panzers were destroyed with Panzeräuster by the Aufklärungsabteilung of the 269. ID on February 11 1945. Not his unit but interesting none the less as these 4 panzers could have been part of the same push as the one shot by this young man.

Comment

WOW Angel, tks for the sharing, I didn't saw this one earlier..... An excellent and 100% original Tankkiller with historical background.... Great SB !!

Comment

Thank you for providing the history of this man. Incidentally, the city is Wiesbaden.

-- Guy

Comment

Very great SB! Young, but this guy did the job, earning such a badge at only 18.

Greg.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X